What we do:
- Selection of maladaptive behavior or behavioral skill deficit
- Identification of goals and objectives
- Establishment of a method of measuring target behavior
- Evaluation of the current levels of performance
- Design and implementation of the interventions that teach new skills and/or reduce maladaptive behaviors
- Continuous measurement of target behaviors to determine the effectiveness of the intervention, and
- Ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the intervention, with modifications made as needed.
- Consult, as needed, with schools and day programs.
Determination of Services:
- Frequency of behaviors interferes with functioning
- Behavior causes risk of significant injury to self or others
- Behavior causes loss of independence
- Behavior results in risk of significant damage to property
- Behavior places individual at risk for loosing placement
- Psychotropic medication use
Goals of services:
- To provide tools to both client and person directly working with him/her
- Improve quality of life by teaching adaptive skills and replacement behaviors
- Maintain human rights by identifying clinically appropriate procedures to address problem behavior.
- To outline procedures ensuring the safety of both client and personal support.
AREA OF SERVICE
Family Support and Assistance:
In-home services, for families with children and adolescents: ranging in age from 3 to 21 yrs of age with a primary diagnosis of developmental disability.
Easterseals Joliet Region foster care program supports typical and specialized wards of the state.
Community Living Arrangements for adults with developmental disability ages 18+
Location: Will, Grundy, Kankakee, Iroquois, Kendall, and Ford counties