Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program
The goal of this program is to provide services that assist at risk of experiencing homelessness veterans to reintegration in the community and into meaningful employment within the labor force. We offer a structured, individually designed case management plan to assist the veteran to become employable and self sufficient. The program is currently offered in Medford and Portland.
Program Services include:
- Employability and skills assessment
- Job readiness services, including life skills & money management, vocational counseling & guidance, job club, workshop job search assistance and addressing barriers to successful employment;
- 90, 180, and 270-day job retention follow up.
- All human service providers or organizations who are in contact with Veterans and/or individuals or families facing homelessness.
- Walk-in inquiries welcome!
- Homeless, Veteran and ready to work with us to make a change in his/her life!
- Homeless: This grant follows the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and definition of homeless individual.
- Veteran: A person who has served active duty Military, Naval, or Air Service and whose discharge or release is other than dishonorable.
- Employment-ready: we are looking to assist individuals in gaining meaningful employment. Eligible individuals will be serious about working and ready to partner with us in removing barriers.
Easterseals will help with:
- Individualized support based on specific needs
- Employment support services such as job-related equipment or reasonable expense, clothing, transportation, toiletries or food, etc.
- Training and remedial education, job preparation services, trade certification and licensing assistance
- Assistance finding shelter, transitional, and permanent housing
- Referral for other services or treatments
- Pool of individuals ready to work
- Pre-screened, qualified applicants
- Supported employees
- Resources for long term success
- Reasonable continuous training on the job and education support
- Strategic marketing advantage in hiring Veterans!
*Please call if you are unsure about eligibility.
30 N Webster St
1313 Mill St SE, Suite 300
Salem, OR, 97301
Rogue Valley Location
119 N Oakdale Ave
Medford, OR, 97501
To download the HVRP brochure, click here *(PDF)
To fill out the online intake form, click here
For information on our Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program, please click here.