How to Participate
1. Visit our club page on Facebook. This is where we'll post topics for discussion and updates for live events! You can introduce yourself to the group there, and comment on any posts that interest you.
2. You can follow @ability2thrive and tweet with the hashtag #ThriveBooks when we have events. Also, feel free to use the hashtag at any time to talk about disability in literature.
3. Visit our GoodReads page for book recommendations. You must be a GoodReads member (it's free!) to see the group page. Once you join there, look to the right menu for the bookshelf that contains our recommendations.
Book Club FAQs
Q: Is there a set time and place to meet up?
A: The conversation is always open on Facebook, and you can post or tweet whenever you like. Some months we may host a Twitter chat or Facebook live event, but there is no set time for the club.
Q: Is it free?
Q: How do you choose which books or topics to cover?
A: We pick books of any genre that we've enjoyed that have disability content. Book recommendations and topic suggestions are welcome - so if you've read something you want to see featured, let us know!
Q: I have a disability and wrote a book. How can you feature my work?
A: Please get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- Thrive Book Club
- Thrive Spotify Playlist
- Follow Thrive on Instagram
- Article: Don't Label Me "Undateable"
- Job Search and First Interview Tips
- Disability and College