Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
SCSEP is the largest federally-funded program for older adults who seek employment and training assistance, as well as civic engagement. Through this transitional employment program, Easterseals partners with community-based non-profit organizations and government agencies (host agencies) to provide participants with training opportunities to update their skills. During time in SCSEP, job seekers work with Easterseals staff to target and achieve personal employment goals.
This project is funded by a grant of $22,208,934 from the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. This funding provides 90 percent of the support for Easterseals SCSEP programs with the remaining 10 percent through in-kind contributions worth $2,462,666. Easterseals is one of 18 national non-profit organizations to receive the award and will operate SCSEP in 150 counties in 10 states.
For Job Seekers
Learn more about the participant experience! Easterseals SCSEP offers individualized training and job placement services for older adults who want to work to stay active, supplement their income, and to contribute to their communities.
Finding the right employee can be a difficult task. Expand your search to include a previously underutilized pool of talent — those age 55 or over. Easterseals can help you do just that by matching your needs with a dedicated worker who can get the job done!
About Participant Training Assignments
SCSEP participants get work experience by completing a community service training assignment. There they gain marketable work experience and develop a supportive network that helps in the transition toward employment.
Local Easterseals SCSEP Affiliates & Partner Organizations
Easterseals Senior Community Service Employment Program operates with affiliate and partner organizations in the following areas:
Easterseals Central Alabama (334) 288-0240
Easterseals Chicago SCSEP (312) 551-7113
Easterseals New Jersey (732) 257-6662
Easterseals Oregon (503) 228-5100
Easterseals Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain (Utah) (801) 626-0406
Easterseals Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain (Idaho) (801)536-7016
Goodwill Easterseals Miami Valley (Ohio) (937)528-6540
Goodwill New York/New Jersey (New York) (718) 728-5400
AARP Foundation SCSEP -Arizona (Phoenix) (602) 841-0403
AARP Foundation SCSEP-Oklahoma (McAlester, Oklahoma City, Tulsa) (918)302-1068
AARP Foundation SCSEP-Oklahoma (McAlester, Oklahoma City, Tulsa) (405) 879-3899
AARP Foundation SCSEP-Oklahoma (McAlester, Oklahoma City, Tulsa) (918) 621-4480
If Easterseals SCSEP is not in your state, you may contact the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) for information on the office nearest you. The DOL toll free number is: 1-877-US2-JOB
For more information about the Senior Community Service Employment Program and other information useful to job seekers, visit one of these Web sites:
- U.S. Department of Labor — SCSEP Web page
- America's Service Locator office search
- America's Job Bank
- Easterseals Project ACTION — promoting accessible community transportation in our nation
- Easterseals National Center on Senior Transportation
- Dress For Success
- National Council on Aging, Benefits Check Up
- My Skills My Future