Comcast NBCUniversal - Digital Literacy Program
Easterseals Washington was awarded a one-year grant from the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation to build a digital literacy and employment-training program that will result in digital literacy (ability to safely communicate through various technology devices & platforms) skill building and a paid internship for participants in their communities.
Who Can Participate?
Any young adult in Kitsap County age 18-24 with a diagnosed disability who is able to learn in a small group environment and work fairly independently in a community-based job setting
Workshops in a computer lab classroom in East Bremerton on these topics:
- Digital Literacy
- Digital Safety (Digital footprint, online predators, cyber bullying)
- Job readiness (Resume’s, on the job behavior/customer service, interviews)
- Financial literacy (online banking, fraud prevention)
A 50-hour paid internship in their community
- We will work with the young adult to find a paid internship in an area of interest.
- We will supply limited onsite support, working with the manager and intern to ensure success
- Intern will gain real world employment experience and build social skills for a work environment.
- We will give away a Chrome book to every participant to practice the new skills.
Space is Limited – Contact us to enroll or obtain more information:
Avelino Estrada – Vice President of Programs at email@example.com
Miranda Fort – Workforce Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org