Early Intervention Resources

What if My Child Needs Services?

To determine if your child needs services, take our free online screening assessment. If you think your child has developmental delays, see a pediatrician or other primary healthcare provider as soon as possible. They can help you determine if services are necessary. If so, they can offer referrals to a local provider of early intervention services.

Each state is required to have a central directory with a toll-free referral number you can call to find out who to reach out to in your community. The Office of Early Childhood Development lists all the lead agencies and their contact information for each state.

Many states have one agency that will refer you to the services you need. Once you call this agency and tell a staff member you have a child who you think needs early intervention, they will refer you to a program within a matter of days. The Early Intervention Program will schedule an evaluation/meeting to determine the needs of the family and child. Services will then be started.

Powered by Blackbaud
nonprofit software