At Easterseals Alaska, we provide a variety of children's services that are aimed at providing a safe environment for children to grow and learn. Most of our children's services are custom designed based on the individual needs of the child. These programs may be funded through medicaid waiver, medicaid, private insurance, or private pay. Please call our office for further details.
Our Children's Services Include:
- Personal Care
- In Home Services
- Living Options - Foster Care/Family Habilitation Home Services
- Day Habilitation
- Make The First 5 Count
Easterseals Alaska is working to create a world where:
- Each child born with a disability is given the support necessary to participate fully in life and to have dreams and hopes, successes and achievements.
- Parents of a newly-diagnosed child with a disability are aware of the services and resources available to them and get unimpeded access to all necessary services.
- Children with disabilities are recognized by all as having vital contributions to make to our society.
- Communities value and support children with disabilities and their families.
- Access to appropriate childcare is available for children with special needs.
- Families benefit from innovations and new technologies that help children with disabilities be as independent as possible.
Personal Care Services
Personal Care Service provides hands-on care to clients and assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, and dressing, personal hygiene, eating assistance, medication assistance, transfers and ambulation. Children must be over 6 years of age.
In Home Services
Available to children up to 18 years old, Easterseals Alaska In Home Children Services assist with learning to manage daily life. These services are designed to teach children the skills necessary to lead independent lives.
All Easterseals Alaska children's services are performed by well trained, passionate caregivers who understand the unique needs of each individual. Contact us today to learn more about our children's services.
Foster Care/Family Habilitation Homes
Our Foster Care/Family Habilitation Homes services are available to children up to 18 years old who qualify. These services allow children to learn and grow in their own homes. From social skills coaching to homework assistance to basic hygiene, our compassionate caregivers provide valuable lessons to teach children how to grow.
These services include:
- Homework Assistance
- Teaching Hygiene/self care (brushing teeth, personal care, self-dressing, etc.)
- Recreational Activities
- Appropriate Social Interactions
- Independent travel education
- And So Much More!
Services provide out of home support in acquiring or improving social and adaptive skills in a community setting. This service assists in achieving the personal goals of each individual. Goals such as personal safety, socially appropriate behavior, decision making and self-reliance.
Respite Services are offered to provide caregivers a well-needed break. We can provide services in home as well as in the community. You can leave home knowing your loved one is cared for with dignity and respect. Services include meal planning and preparation, socialization, light housekeeping, dressing assistance and community outings. Whatever it takes to provide the caregiver time to focus on their own needs.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 1 percent of all babies born in Alaska each year will develop an autism spectrum disorder. That means out of 11,000 Alaskans bon this year, 110 individuals will be diagnosed with an autism disorder by the age of eight. Monitoring your child's development can be confusing even for the most attentive parent. We can help.
Make The First 5 Count
Early diagnosis and early intervention are crucial, which is why we started the program "Make The First 5 Count." Our therapists and staff believe that people with ASD can make significant progress through therapy and treatments at any age, and that anybody with ASD can lead meaningful and productive lives. If you think your child might be experiencing delays, take Easterseals' Ages & Stages questionnaire.