Services for Nebraska VR
Nebraska VR and Easterseals Nebraska Collaboration in Action
Would you like to know…
- How work affects your SSDI and/or SSI benefits?
- How work affects other benefits you might receive?
- If you can keep your Medicare/Medicaid when you work?
Easterseals Nebraska provides comprehensive Benefits Planning Services to individuals served by Nebraska VR to help take full advantage of available state and federal work incentives. Easterseals Nebraska benefits planners receive extensive training and can provide you with accurate and complete information about which incentives will work best for you. This helps you gain the assurance you need to make an informed decision about working while disabled.
What are Benefits Planning Services?
Benefits Planning Services Include:
- Comprehensive and individualized analysis of the impact of employment on SSA cash benefits and other public benefits
- Work incentives education and management
- Finance 101 education
- Practical tools and guidance on reporting income to SSA and other administrative agencies
- Information and referral to appropriate resources
- Follow up support as you make progress toward your employment goal
How Benefits Planning can help you…
- Better understanding of benefits received and impact of employment
- Greater awareness of available and relevant work incentives
- Make informed choices about work and career advancement
Post Employment Services
When you successfully complete Nebraska VR services, Easterseals Nebraska provides you ongoing employment support through Post-Employment Services for one full year. Beginning after 90 days of employment, the Easterseals Employment Monitor contacts you periodically to make sure your job is working out for you. Easterseals can assist you with a variety of areas to ensure your ongoing success:
- Critical disability benefit touchpoints
- Healthcare options
- Job retention
- Career advancement
- Overall financial wellness
Am I Eligible?
- Are you currently a Nebraska VR consumer?
- Are you working or interested in work?
- Do you receive or are you eligible to receive SSDI and/or SSI?
- Are you at least 14 years old, but not yet full retirement age?
If you answered “Yes” to all of these questions, you are eligible for Benefits Planning services. Check with your Nebraska VR counselor for more information.