Benefits Planning Services for the Blind or Visually Impaired
Would you like to know...
- How work affects your SSDI and/or SSI benefits?
- How work affects other benefits you might receive?
- If you can keep your Medicare/Medicaid when you work?
Easterseals Nebraska provides comprehensive benefits planning services to individuals served by NCBVI.
What are Benefits Planning Services?
Benefits Planning Services include:
- Comprehensive and individualized analysis of the impact of employment on SSA cash benefits and other public benefits
- Work incentives education and management
- Practical tools and guidance on reporting income to SSA and other administrative agencies
- Information and referral to appropriate resources
- Follow-up support as you make progress toward your employment goal
This helps you…
- Have a better understanding of benefits received and impact of employment
- Have greater awareness of available and relevant work incentives
- Make informed choices about work and career advancement
Benefits planning services promote long term success!
Am I eligible?
- Are you currently a NCBVI consumer?
- Are you working or interested in work?
- Do you receive or are you eligible to receive SSDI and/or SSI?
- Are you at least 14 years old, but not yet full retirement age?
If you answer “Yes” to all of these questions, you are eligible for benefits planning services. Check with your NCBVI counselor for more information.
Not yet eligible for SSDI or SSI and need help applying?
If blindness, low vision or other impairments prevent you from being able to work, you may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits.
Social Security disability benefits can provide access to cash benefits and associated medical benefits.
If you have an open case with NCBVI, Easterseals Nebraska may be able to help you with the application process. (Assistance with the application process does not guarantee eligibility.)