Nebraska Ticket To Work
**Easterseals Nebraska continues to monitor the situation surrounding the spread of the coronavirus, or COVID-19. We are continuously discussing options on how we can protect the health and well-being of our staff, while maintaining business as usual. Beginning Monday, March 16th, staff in the Easterseals Hastings, Geneva, Lincoln and Omaha office locations are working remotely. Individuals or organizations that need direct assistance are encouraged to contact us at our toll free or local number(s): 800-471-6425, or 402-462-3031. Your calls will be forwarded to our remote offices and you will receive quality responses from our staff despite the change in location.
Nebraska Ticket to Work is a free employment service program developed by the Social Secruity Administration (SSA). Easterseals Nebraska works with the SSA as an Employment Network to offer this program to individuals who are receiving Social Security disability benefits and who are interested in obtaining or advancing in employment. The program provides services to help participants achieve greater independence and self-sufficiency through employment.
Our program has two primary areas of focus:
- Employment Assistance and Follow Along Support - assists SSDI beneficiaries and SSI recipients in obtaining and retaining employment.
- Benefits Planning and Work Incentives Counseling - assists disability beneficiaries in understanding how federal cash (SSDI or SSI) and healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid) benefits are impacted by work. This service also helps individuals understand and utilize the state and federal work incentives available and assists with community resource navigation to support the transition to gainful employment.
Work IS Possible
There are many advantages of the Ticket to Work program.
- Earn more money
- Keep your benefits while exploring employment
- Expedited benefits reinstatement if you become unable to work
- Protection from continuing medical reviews
- Satisfaction and fulfillment that comes with self-sufficiency
Ticketholders may receive assistance with:
- Career planning
- Personalized follow along and coaching
- Goal setting
- Resume Preparation
- Job search assistance
- Community resource navigation
- Benefits education
- Work incentives counseling
Who is eligible?
Navigating your disability and health benefits can be tricky. If you are between the ages of 18 and 64, currently receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) cash benefits and would like assistance in entering, re-entering or advancing the workforce with a long term goal of working off your cash benefits, the Ticket to Work program is designed ideally for you.