A variety of programs that serve veterans are offered by Easterseals Opportunity Center:
- The Easterseals Opportunity Center offers basic computer classes for those interested in developing their skills.
- The Easterseals Opportunity Center offers training for specific job types, such as Janitorial Services.
- Transportation services are provided on a daily basis by the Easterseals Opportunity Center for clients with no means of travel that live in Anniston and surrounding areas. Regular attendance is essential for the clients to be successful in the programs at the Center. The Opportunity Center also provides meals on a daily basis to vocational rehabilitation clients.
- The Easterseals Opportunity Center offers Supported Employment (Milestones) for the Severely Disabled. Milestones is a program designed to help individuals with mild to severe disabilities attain appropriate and meaningful part-time or full-time employment in an integrated (community) setting.
Easterseals Camp ASCCA, a nationally recognized leader in therapeutic recreation, provides camping experiences for children and adults with disabilities.
Services for veterans provided by Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast include:
- Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast offers the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) through which job training and employment opportunities are offered to low income seniors over 55.
- Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast maintains Employment Partnerships with other entities and agencies to provide job readiness and employment services. Some Goodwill Easterseals Community Centers offer employment services to self-referred individuals seeking job search assistance.
- A Medical Assistance & Equipment Loan Program offered by Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast provides financial assistance to individuals with disabilities for the purchase of medical supplies, adaptive equipment, devices, environmental modifications, or services.
- Financial counseling is offered by Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast. Additionally, through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, low to moderate income families are able to file a Federal and State return for free with assistance from a volunteer, IRS-certified and trained taxpreparer.
- Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast assists with several area support groups, including Post-Polio and Stroke; providing meeting space, coordination of speakers and special events and assistance with newsletter publications and distribution.
Services for veterans provided by Easterseals Central Alabama include:
- The Care Project at Easterseals Central Alabama helps people acquire no-cost medical equipment that has been refurbished, repaired and sanitized.
- Easterseals Central Alabama has an Employment Department and works with job-ready individuals to place them into jobs in the community. Our full-time job development specialists help individuals find employment and assist employers in meeting manpower needs.
- Easterseals Central Alabama offers a five-week Nurse Aide Training Program designed to provide quality education for entry into the healthcare field. The curriculum consists of classroom and practical instruction in the areas of health, nutrition, safety, personal care, developmental and emotional needs. Ninety-three percent of graduates obtain employment in the healthcare field, and many are offered jobs prior to completing the class.
Dogs on Call (DOC) trains and certifies Therapy Dog Teams (teams must live within 75 miles of Montgomery and we visit within the river region) to provide comfort to those living with disabilities, suffering trauma or stress, at-risk, or living in nursing and assisted living communities, hospitals, rehabilitation, and youth detention centers.
Easterseals Northwest Alabama provides programs for veterans that include:
- Easterseals Northwest Alabama's Speech Therapy provides life-changing treatment, support and care for individuals who have difficulties with communication. The facility employs a professional licensed Speech Therapist that works closely with physicians, hearing specialist, occupational therapist and physical therapist to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Easterseals Northwest Alabama provides Occupational Therapy Services. Common occupational therapy interventions include helping people recovering from injury to regain skills and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. Occupational Therapy services typically include: An individualized evaluation, during which the client/family and occupational therapist determine the person's goals; customized intervention to improve the person's ability to perform daily activities and reach their goals; an outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan. Occupational Therapy services may include recommendations for adaptive equipment and training in its use, along with guidance and education for family members and caregivers.
- Easterseals Northwest Alabama's Adults Vocational Program serves individuals with disabilities seeking employment. The disability does not matter as long as the individual is capable of obtaining and maintaining employment in the workforce. We serve all ages, from high school to senior citizen. Easterseals Northwest Alabama provides training, resources and individual assistance to ensure that individuals with disabilities have the same opportunity to succeed as a person without a disability.
- Easterseals Northwest Alabama has a full-service Industrial Workshop that does wood-cutting projects, assembly projects, packaging and sorting projects and even metal and welding projects. We employ individuals with disabilities.
Easterseals West Alabama (ESWA) offers the following programs that serve veterans:
- Workforce Development programs include Vocational Evaluations that help individuals determine the type of job they could do today, or a career path they may work toward with additional training. Job Development for persons with disabilities helps individuals find employment in their community. Supported Employment provides on-site job coaches for the more severely disabled to ensure success on the job. A Computer Lab provides training in general computer knowledge including MS Software Applications.
- The Easterseals West Alabama Transportation Department provides work-related transportation for a six-month period to income eligible individuals throughout a 20-mile radius in Tuscaloosa County. Four vans run from 4 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. The program serves around 125 businesses per year.
- The Easterseals West Alabama Social Security Representative Payment Program provides assistance to vulnerable members of our community: the young, the elderly, and the disabled who are unable to manage their Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits. ESWA representative payees receive and handle all aspects of the beneficiary's Social Security funds and advocate on their behalf.