Many services around the state help individuals prepare for and secure employment:
- The Easterseals Achievement Center (Opelika) offers a variety of Vocational Services, including Placement, Employability Development and Vocational Evaluation programs.
- Easterseals of the Birmingham Area (Birmingham) also offers programs include Job Readiness Skills and and Transitional Programs for High School Students.
- Easterseals Northwest (Muscle Shoals) offers Job Readiness training.
- Easterseals Central Alabama (Montgomery) offers an Employment program to help place job-ready individuals into the community and a Learning Disabilities program that helps ease transition from high school to college for students with learning disabilities.
- For clients in need of additional work skills, Easterseals of the Birmingham Area (Birmingham) offers Technology Training options that are tailored to meet each person's individual needs including keyboarding and Microsoft Office.
- Easterseals Central Alabama offers the Senior Community Service Employment Program(SCSEP) through which job training and employment opportunities are offered to low income seniors over 55.
- Easterseals Central Alabama offers a five-week Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Training Program designed to provide quality education for entry into the healthcare field. The curriculum consists of classroom and practical instruction in the areas of health, nutrition, safety, personal care, developmental and emotional needs. Ninety-three percent of graduates obtain employment in the healthcare field, and many are offered jobs prior to completing the class.
- Vocational Evaluation is also an important part of many of the Easterseals Central Alabama programs. The evaluation department uses interviews and a variety of standardized vocational tests to assess vocational and academic skills, aptitudes and interests.
- Easterseals Central Alabama has an Employment Department and works with job-ready individuals to place them into jobs in the community. Our full-time job development specialists help individuals find employment and assist employers in meeting manpower needs.
- Project Search Montgomery (Easterseals Central Alabama) provides high school students with the opportunity to explore careers and develop transferable job skills, while allowing the host placement site, Baptist Health, a chance to assess potential employees.
- Easterseals Opportunity Center (Anniston) also offers basic Computer Classes for those interested in developing their skills.
- Youth Excelling for Success (YES) is offered by Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast (Mobile). At-risk youth between the ages of 17 to 24 are supported and mentored in multiple areas. Academic upgrading/GED preparation, work readiness, job placement assistance, and post-secondary enrollment are targeted to help this underserved group get on the right track, and ultimately, have a successful start into adulthood.
- The Easterseals Opportunity Center (Anniston) offers a Supported Employment program for individuals with mild to severe disabilities, as well as Work Adjustment Training to help individuals increase their chance at gainful employment.
- Easterseals West Alabama (Tuscaloosa) offers a Future Promise of Youth program to provide educational and occupational services to eligible youth who have dropped out of school.
- Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast (Mobile) offers Mission-Based Employment through the facility for individuals who would have difficulty retaining employment in a typical work setting as well as a High School Transitional Youth Program through which high school Special Education students are referred for job training with Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast Retail Stores. The facility also offers At-Risk Youth Programs to help at-risk youth pursue a career path.