Full-time FULL_TIME ; posted: Wednesday, Sep 1 2021
Under the supervision of the Vocational Support Manager and in cooperation the Contracts Operations Manager, this individual will provide services and supports which enable adults with developmental disabilities to have real choices in where they live, work and socialize and that promote self- determination in the pursuit of their desired future by personally performing the following duties and other related job duties. Will act as a support staff to provide 1:1 vocational preparation instruction and guidance to persons with disabilities, helping them to develop their employment experience and opportunities.
Act as an advocate and role model for all individuals served.
• In cooperation with an individual, their Vocational Support and Contract Operations Managers and the planning team, identify those ready to consider working/volunteering in the community.
• Address individual goals that offer choices, with services and supports provided to enable a person to make informed decisions on where they live, work and socialize and that promote self-determination in the pursuit of their desired future.
• Recognize that adult life includes a vocation and that all Individual Service Plans (ISP) should include a vocational assessment and goals for volunteer or paid employment.
• Work with individuals to develop a person-centered vocational addendum, to include: career goals, assessments, job coaching needs, and other supports needed.
• Write the Individual Eligibility Evaluation (IEE) and Individual Service Plan (ISP) ensuring that goals set are measurable and applicable to work/skills/training being performed.
• ISP’s should focus on the individual’s Life Choices, reflect the unique needs and desires of the person and coordinate with the regional center’s Individual Program Plan (IPP).
• Assist in identifying needs for accommodations, adaptive equipment, or technology that may increase opportunities for personal satisfaction and employment opportunities.
• Identify potential positions based on individual preferences.
• Assume responsibility of their case file and in conjunction with the regional center, make the appropriate referrals.
• Provide Micro Business information and support in accordance with the individual’s personal vocational preferences.
• Assist the individual with resume and cover letter as well as in applying and interviewing for positions.
• Meet with the employer and map out support plan for success, at placement, then monthly.
• Provide job coaching at employment site based on the individual’s need and the funding source’s parameters.
• Coordinate planning team discussions regarding referrals and funding for ongoing job coaching needs for job retention.
• Using the employer’s job description prepare a task analysis for client vocational training.
• Prepare, schedule, and hold Individual Support Plan/Person Centered Planning (ISP/PCP) meetings, semi-annually and as needed.
• Prepare timely Individual Eligibility Evaluations (IEE’s) for each client under your assignment and maintain current casefiles that meet CARF standards.
• Provide training and support consistent with an individual’s ISP plan, through a variety of platforms including virtual classes, independent study materials and face to face classes/training.
• Provide curriculum, supplies and written material to clients and in a form or language they understand to facilitate understanding and successful participation.
• Lead relevant and meaningful classes as scheduled, by effectively facilitating participation and engagement.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural preferences, values and lifestyles of clients and families.
• Lead individualized curriculum if requested by a participant.
• Ensure timely paperwork submission of ISP, IEE’s, Monthly Data Flow Sheets, case notes and Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) reporting requirements.
• Complete all mandatory Easter Seals/Cal-OSHA development trainings annually or as needed.
• Transport clients to work sites when necessary.
• Assist with the bi-weekly payroll entries.
• Comply with privacy laws and requirements under HIPAA regulations and understand the consequences of non-compliance.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of a high school diploma or GED is recommended;
• One (1) year full-time experience working with individuals with physical and/or mental disabilities;
• One (1) year case management experience preferred.
• May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Position requires possession of a current valid California driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and driving record that meets the agency standards.
• Position requires a fingerprint clearance through the Department of Justice.
• Position requires a current certificate in Adult CPR with AED from an approved provider.
• Position requires a current certificate in Basic First Aid from an approved provider.
• Position requires proof of a negative TB test within twelve (12) months of hire.