Veteran Employment & Transition Services (VETS)
Donate to help us employ more veterans!
Who We Are
Easterseals Southern California delivers the Veteran Employment & Transition Services (VETS), which provides employment transition support for veterans leaving the military.While Easterseals is known for its services to people with disabilities, veterans do not need to have a disability to use Veteran Employment & Transition Services.
What We Do
Veteran Employment & Transition Services (VETS) provides one-on-one employment support services that assist veterans to transition out of the military to a civilian job or to build their own small business. We also provide this service to spouses/registered domestic partners of veterans.
Download our Veteran Employment & Transition Services Program brochure
How We Do It
Veteran Employment & Transition Services (VETS) offers:
- Individually tailored one-on-one support to determine interests, skills, desires and goals
- Assistance translating military experience and skills into language employers understand
- Motivation and inspiration to gain confidence
- Assistance tailoring resumes to specific employment opportunities
- Training to enhance communication and interviewing skills
- Tools to develop networking skills
- Links to a network of employers
- A “foot-in-the-door” with potential employers
Read about our VETS Stories of Success.
Who Is Eligible*
Service Members & Veterans must:
- Be a Post 9-11 Veteran or Active Duty servicemember separating in the next three months.
- Have an Honorable, General, or Other-Than-Honorable discharge.
- Note: Spouses and registered domestic partners qualify only if their veteran has a disability and cannot work.
*Complete eligibility criteria reviewed upon registration.
For more information about our Veteran Employment & Transition Services (VETS) program submit a form or email VETS@essc.org.