Part-time PART_TIME ; posted: Friday, Jan 8 2021
1217 W Houston Ave
McAllen, Texas 78501 US
The front desk clerk/receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping.
1. Great with people – positive, friendly, patient with others, team player, ability to be supportive.
2. Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly by effectively using Easterseals Client Matching Systems.
3. Warmly receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, visitors, others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, or program.
4. Accurately communicates information in a timely and efficient manner to the appropriate individual, program, and/or department.
5. Operates listed office machines as required.
6. Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
7. Maintains office supply inventory: orders, receives, returns (when needed), and distributes accordingly.
8. Performs data entry assigned by immediate supervisor and/or CEO.
9. Maintains postage meter.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
• One year previous experience in a receptionist/secretarial/clerical field.
• Computer knowledge to include, word-processing, database management and spreadsheets.
• Excellent grammar and spelling skills, essential.
• Good time management skills, excellent follow through abilities and detail oriented.
• Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
• Bilingual capabilities required.