; posted: Tuesday, Aug 4 2020
1217 W. Houston Ave
McAllen, Texas 78501 US
Responsible for the purchasing coordination of supplies and materials while performing routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work such as answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and recordkeeping.
1. Maintains office and building supply inventories: orders, receives, returns (when needed), and distributes accordingly.
2. Coordinates the ordering of supplies for the organization and material ordering for all programs.
3. Researches vendors and collects prices, specifications, and other data related to goods and services.
4. Maintains recordkeeping system of purchase orders.
5. Great with people – positive, friendly, patient with others, team player, ability to be supportive.
6. Serves as the first point of contact with the public by answering calls in a welcoming manner. Operates the central telephone system and directs calls accordingly by effectively using Easterseals Client Matching Systems or internal matching listing.
7. Warmly receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, visitors, others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, or program.
8. Accurately communicates information in a timely and efficient manner to the appropriate individual, program, and/or department.
9. Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail, when needed.
10. Performs data entry assigned by immediate supervisor and/or CEO.
11. Maintains front reception area in neat and professional manner and prepares and maintains boardroom for meetings and trainings.
12. Operates listed office machines as required.
13. Maintains postage meter.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
• At least one year previous experience in a receptionist/secretarial/clerical field.
• Computer knowledge to include, word-processing, database management and spreadsheets.
• Excellent grammar and spelling skills, essential.
• Good time management skills, excellent follow through abilities (writing and verbal) and detail oriented.
• Excellent customer service etiquette and ability to work well with others.
• Bilingual capabilities required.