Part-time, Full-time PART_TIME, FULL_TIME ; posted: Tuesday, Mar 17 2020
1217 W Houston Ave
McAllen, Texas 78501 US
Performs individual, group, and family counseling for families enrolled in the HOPES program. Provides testing as appropriate for license and makes appropriate referrals for services, supervises, consults with, home visiting staff, and supervisors. Will consult with home visiting staff and supervisors to coordinate plans and progress assessments. The need for counseling services is identified through the intake process and the development of the family outcome goals.
1. Provides individual, couples, group, and family counseling relative to family and social needs, in office or home settings.
2. Document needs and eligibility for counseling services.
3. Provide and maintain all service documentation for all sessions to include written progress notes, informed, consent and referrals.
4. Will make recommendations for therapy services, duration and frequency for families and children served in the HOPES program.
5. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
6. Will provide staff consultation for Home Educators to maximize family support and intervention.
7. Develop and conduct group sessions based on the identified needs of families served in the HOPES program.
8. Work with supervisor to plan and request supply needs, equipment needs and repairs, as well as inventory review and updating.
9. Assist in Community Outreach Programs as directed.
10. Promote safety in the organization for staff, visitors and clients of Easter Seals RGV through following Safety Precautions and procedures as outlined in the Safety Manual.
• Supervised experience working with young children and/or parents.
• Excellent verbal, written, and computer communication skills required.
• Proven comfort level with public presentations.
• Follows instruction and good follow through abilities.
• Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
• Bilingual capabilities desired.
• Physical Requirements:
o This is a largely sedentary role; however, filing, driving, walking, standing and climbing of stairs may be required. Must be able to lift 20 to 25 pounds, some squatting, stooping, reaching, standing, twisting, as dealing with infants and their families in natural environments, reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling, ability to read typewritten material and computer monitor under typical office conditions.