Full-time FULL_TIME ; posted: Wednesday, Jan 1 2020
1217 W Houston Ave
McAllen, Texas 78501 US
Phone: (956) 631-9171
Under the direct supervision of the site manager and the Director of the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Program, the Staff Physical Therapist is responsible for providing physical therapy services for the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) program and services and general implementation of the Physical Therapy program for the outpatient clinic. Physical Therapy services include evaluations, direct and consultation services and program implementation following all state and federal guidelines. Position available for McAllen and Harlingen locations.
1. Assist in the organization, development and operation of a progressive program of Physical Therapy in the highest professional and ethical standards for the benefit of the patient.
2. Evaluate and establish goals and treat patients according to the guidelines and standards set forth by the APTA across the age continuum.
3. Develop individual family service plans (IFSP) for Infant and Early Childhood Intervention patients as well as coordination of IEPs for the school-age children.
4. Participate in monthly chart audits, patient staffing, and quality assurance program.
5. Provide facility guidance on and implementation of outpatient therapy program.
6. Assure productive use of scheduled work time. Work with Supervisor and team members to ensure efficiency level at all times.
7. Direct and train staff and volunteers in the Physical Therapy Department, and cooperate in multidisciplinary aspects of program, working as one discipline of the team for the rehabilitation of the “whole patient”.
8. Collect and keep up-to-date professional literature pertaining to the Physical Therapy field for staff use in the Physical Therapy Department, also keep material on hand for students, including educational and career information.
9. Adhere to policies and procedures of the agency.
10. Maintain current professional license and follow all requirements as outlined by state of the licensing board.
• Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy program. Licensed by Texas State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
• One to three years of experience in the field of Physical Therapy with children preferred. Previous experience with the ECI Program and Outpatient Services preferred.
• American Physical Therapy Association membership.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with proven comfort level with public presentations.
• Good time management skills, excellent follow through abilities and detail oriented.
• Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
• Bilingual capabilities desired.
• Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and proof of insurance.