Full-time FULL_TIME ; posted: Tuesday, Feb 4 2020
1217 W Houston Ave
McAllen, Texas US
Phone: (956) 631-9171
The PAT Educator is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the PAT Home Visiting Project curriculum and incorporate three roles of a parent educator: partnering, facilitating, and reflecting into daily practice with families. Some evening hours will be required to ensure families have access to visits and meetings.
1. Learn and demonstrate understanding of the three roles of a parent educator
2. Demonstrate knowledge about the Parents as Teachers model including the Essential Requirements necessary for model fidelity.
3. Conduct personal visits (50-60 minutes) using the Parents as Teachers curriculum on a weekly or bi-weekly basis with each family.
4. Plan visits, gather materials, travel, conduct the visit, and accurately document the visit and the process toward the defined outcome.
5. Provide case management and crisis intervention services as needed by family.
6. Provide parent group connections focusing on a minimum of one of the following areas of emphasis: parent-child interactions, development-centered parenting, or family well-being.
7. Complete developmental, health, vision and hearing screenings on each child every year or as required by program model.
8. Develop and maintain a community resource network in order to be able to link families with them as needed.
9. Maintain and submit all required family and program documentation within 48 hours of visit.
10. Meet minimum of twice monthly with supervisor for reflective supervision sessions.
11. Help parents and children transition to other services as needed to preschool or to kindergarten.
12. Complete annually required competency-based professional development hours in order to remain a certified Parents as Teacher parent educator.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, social work or a related field.
2. Supervised experience working with young children and/or parents.
3. Excellent verbal, written, and computer communication skills required. Proven comfort level with public presentations.
4. Follows instruction and good follow through abilities.
5. Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
6. Bilingual capabilities desired.