; posted: Wednesday, Jan 1 2020
1217 W Houston AVe
McAllen, Texas 78501 US
1. Executing the curriculum with his or her own child or a child enrolled in the program daily
2. Meeting and role playing the curriculum with assigned families each week
3. Participation in the planning and orchestration of group meetings, which includes role playing the curriculum and the provision of an enrichment activity
4. Participation in weekly in-service training and other staff development activities
5. Keeping the HIPPY coordinator abreast of child/family progress and familial issues and concerns as they arise
6. Timely completion and submission of required forms and other documentation as required by the coordinator and/or HIPPY USA
7. Participation in all sponsored HIPPY activities (e.g., field trips, graduations, awards ceremonies, etc.)
8. Assisting the coordinator in maintaining an efficient record keeping system for participating families.
9. Participate as a member of the AmieriCorps program; adhering to all program requirements.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. A parent of a three, or four year old child or access to a “practice child” of the appropriate age (a child with whom the home visitor daily executes the HIPPY curriculum)
3. Good verbal, written, reading and computer communication skills required.
4. Comfort level with public presentations.
5. Follows instruction and good follow through abilities.
6. Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
7. Bilingual capabilities desired.
8. Demonstrated potential leadership abilities
9. Demonstrated emotional maturity and sensitivity to the needs and interests of the targeted community
10. Excellent inter-personal skills, to include intangible qualities (e.g., friendliness, openness, non-judgmental attitude, enthusiasm, etc.)
11. Ability to serve as a role model (positive attitude, professional dress, demeanor and behavior)