Part-time PART_TIME ; posted: Friday, Jan 8 2021
1217 W Houston Ave
McAllen, Texas 78501 US
Under the direct supervision of the Child Development Center Director, the Childcare Associate, is responsible for the daily care and supervision of assigned children in a given classroom with primary priority being the health and safety of all children and curriculum implementation and other developmental activities.
1. Responsible for the direct supervision and daily care of assigned infants, toddlers, and/or preschool age children to include: diapering, feeding, rocking, providing interaction and activity for healthy development, curriculum implementation, playground activities and social and emotional interactions at all levels.
2. Establish and maintain learning environment(s) required to motivate and enable each child to achieve developmental milestones appropriate for their age.
3. Work with healthcare professionals providing individualized care for assigned child with special need to establish intervention strategies and encourage the child’s growth and development.
1. Post high school education with a Daycare Attendant Certification or Associate Degree in Child Development or related field.
2. One or more years full-time classroom teaching experience with children under five (5) years of age, or Proven experience and comfort level working with children with special needs.
3. Good communication skills, both verbally and written, with proven comfort level communicating with parents/guardians of young children
4. Good time management skills, excellent follow through abilities and detail oriented.
5. Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
6. Bilingual capabilities desired.
1. Responsible for reporting and record keeping as required by the Child Development Center
2. Attendance is critical to provide a consistent learning environment for the children serviced in this program.
3. Maintain training related to Childcare Center & Licensing
• Physical Requirements:
o This is a largely sedentary role; however, filing, driving, walking, standing and climbing of stairs may be required. Must be able to lift 20 to 25 pounds, some squatting, stooping, reaching, standing, twisting, as dealing with infants and their families in natural environments, reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling, ability to read typewritten material and computer monitor under typical office conditions.