Project LAUNCH (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children’s Health) endeavors to help children to reach social, emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive milestones, so that they can thrive in school and beyond.
Project LAUNCH core prevention and promotion strategies:
- Screening and assessment in a range of child-serving settings
- Integration of behavioral health into primary care settings
- Mental health consultation in early care and education
- Enhanced home visiting through increased focus on social & emotional well-being
- Family strengthening and parent skills training
Project LAUNCH statewide objectives:
- Increased access to developmental screenings, assessments and services for young children and their families
- Expanded use of family centered, evidence-based, culturally relevant prevention and wellness promotion practices in primary care and early childhood settings
- Developed workforce that understands young children’s healthy development
- Improved systems of care for young children and families at the local, state, and federal levels
- More children entering school ready to learn
The NH Statewide Management Team for Project LAUNCH includes project staff from the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health, Maternal and Child Health Section, Spark NH, Manchester Community Health Center, and Manchester Health Department.
Because of its strong existing collaborative partnerships among many community agencies, Manchester is the pilot community for Project LAUNCH NH. The Manchester Local Operations Leadership Team includes the Manchester Health Department, Manchester Community Health Center, Child and Family Services, Easter Seals Child Development and Family Resource Center, Southern NH Services (including Head Start/Early Head Start), and the DHHS Office of Minority Health and Refugee Affairs.
Project LAUNCH provides a Behavioral Support Coach in two classrooms at the Easter Seals NH Child Development and Family Resource Center to help teaching staff support the social and emotional development of children enrolled in the program. Project LAUNCH also provides a Family Support Specialist to offer Positive Solutions for Families, a program for parents to help them understand their children’s behavior.
For more information please contact us.