Mission and Values
Our purpose is to change the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people’s lives every day.
These behaviors are ideals that should guide us in making decisions and setting expectations. Practicing these behaviors will help us fulfill our purpose.
- We see the whole you … not just the disability.
- We are driven to achieve. We empower those we serve to reach for and realize their full potential.
- We pave the way… to a fuller life and more inclusive world.
- We’re stronger together. Disabilities touch us all, and we work with all members of the community to achieve extraordinary results.
Our character consists of the traits and values we demonstrate to our community as we carry out our purpose.
- Determined: We lead with confidence.
- Inspired: We are called to do very important work.
- Personal: We are informal, warm and engaging.
- Honest: We talk straight.
- Local: We are loyal to home.
- Fearless: We engage in real life.
- Empathetic: We strive to see the world through each individual’s eyes.