299 Edwards Street
Youngstown, Ohio 44502 US
Interested applicants should complete the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.Click here to download the PDF application
Easterseals of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana Counties is looking for an energetic and compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse to serve our clients and help to make a difference. The position is a part time position during the week and working every other weekend at our weekend respite. The right candidate for this position will be required but not limited to:
• Assist in the implementation and monitoring of all objectives and services of the program in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure quality services to participants and families.
• Implement effective communication techniques and assure that all participants and families are treated with respect and dignity.
• Maintain effective communication with participants and family members to facilitate open communication related to participant status and any identified needs of the client or family.
• Observe, record and report the client’s physical and behavioral status and communicates these changes in the client with the RN, Doctor and family members as warranted.
• Administer medication in accordance with LPN standards of practice.
• Perform client assigned treatment at the direction of an RN including but not limited to changing of dressing, catheterization, suctioning, tube feeds and ordered breathing treatments.
• Demonstrate the ability to delegate tasks, responsibility, and authority in a clear manner in order to receive results necessary for efficient program operation.
• Observes the dietary needs and method of feeding for the clients served.
• Maintain and submit all required credentials/licenses necessary to the position as received, updated and/or renewed.
• Adhere to the standards of conduct, established Code of Ethics, confidentiality, privacy and security of protected health information, and all policies and procedures of Easterseals.
• Current, valid practical nursing licensure;
• Minimum of five years nursing experience preferred.
• Strong Communication Skills
• Experience in the functional operation of Day Support/ Respite/ Waiver services.
• A Criminal Background Check must meet any requirements of the State of Ohio licensure for involvement in clinical programs.
• Full range of body motion including handling and lifting of clients.
• May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds in order to assist in the delivery of client care.
• Frequently requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
• Potential exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable disease, chemicals, and repetitive motions.
• Required to drive, travel, and assist clients.
• Occasionally exposed to loud/noisy environments.