299 Edwards Street
Youngstown, Ohio 44502 US
Interested applicants should complete the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to download the PDF application.
Easterseals of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana counties is looking for an energetic and customer service minded full-time Home Delivered Meals and Transportation Drivers to serve our communities. The right candidate for this position will be required to provide transportation services and deliver meals as needed to eligible consumers in a safe, timely, cost effective manner. Requirements for the position are listed but not limited to:
Employees are committed to creating an environment that promotes health, happiness, independence and safety by providing individuals with disabilities increased opportunities for access, inclusion and choice. Our decision making is guided by our values of integrity, respect, humility, welcoming and determination.
Provide home delivered meals and transportation service support to eligible consumers in a safe, timely, cost effective manner.
• Delivery of meals or providing transportation to clients based on the schedule or demands of the departments.
• Review route sheet of clients to be delivered daily.
• Pick up meals from caterer and check loading totals on order sheet.
• Deliver meals based on scheduled routes sheets.
• Maintain accurate documentation including mileage, delivery times, and meal delivery verification.
• Maintaining the most efficient delivery route and updating when new clients are added. All route changes need to be coordinated through the meal office.
• Maintain vehicle in accordance with state vehicle inspection requirements in order to insure safe operation of the vehicle.
• Maintain the vehicle in a clean and sanitary manner as dictated by the safety and health, agency and departmental standards.
• Perform daily pre-trip inspections of vehicles to maintain road readiness.
• Fuel vehicles at the beginning or end of route and while no clients are in attendance.
• Maintains accurate documentation including mileage, pick-up and take home times, initialing, other trips, etc. on a daily basis. Collects donations (if applicable to client).
• Collects donations from clients as applicable and returns monies to the designated office area daily.
• Assist Program Assistant in establishing the most efficient transportation route (driver cannot change route without approval from the office).
• Coordinate routine maintenance of vehicles with manager as necessary and submit receipts after completion of work.
• Assist clients to board and unload from the vehicle as required by their functional status.
• Ensure that wheelchairs are loaded on to the lift and secured with appropriate tie downs as required.
• Ensure that the individuals being transported are secured in safety restraining device as defined and required by law.
• Ensure that medical emergency transportation forms are on file in the van prior to transportation for required clients, are up to date as necessary and maintained in a confidential manner.
• Account for the presence of all clients scheduled for transportation and insure that no individual is left on vehicle at any time.
• Observe all driving laws and agency policies as well as practices related to defensive driving.
• Immediately report any accidents, incidents or road emergencies in accordance with established protocol.
• Maintain clean driving record, and current, valid Ohio driver’s license. Report any traffic accidents, violations or changes to driving privileges immediately.
• Reports clients to office that do not respond to pick-up or who report.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Current, valid driver license with two years driving experience.
• Clean driving record demonstrated through abstract.
• Current Ohio motor vehicle insurance
• First Aid/CPR
• Passenger Assistance
• Defensive Driving
• Population specific to include characteristics of persons served, client rights, etc.
• On-going policy education that govern our programming.
EQUIPMENT USED/MACHINERY REQUIRED TO OPERATE:
• Operate passenger vehicle in safe manner in accordance with laws.
• Mechanical/motorized lift.
• Wheelchair tie downs/webbing loops.
• Telephone/Computer/General Office Equipment
• Requires physical, auditory and visual acuity necessary to operate motor vehicle.
• Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
• Exposed to hot/cold temperatures.
• Potential exposure to infectious and/or communicable disease.
• Exposed to noise/air quality associated with road travel.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt $11/hourly
Benefits: PTO, Sick Time, Medical, Vision, Voluntary Benefits, 401K