299 Edwards St.
Youngstown, Ohio 44502 US
Interested applicants should complete the application and submit to email@example.com Click here to download the PDF application.
Easterseals of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana Counties is looking for energetic and compassionate Speech and Language Pathologist to serve our clients and help to make a difference. The position is per-diem and will work off site and on site as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (FUNCTIONS) INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Reviews physician referral and provided medical information to assist in diagnosis and therapy treatment required.
• Complete appropriate evaluation in order to establish goals and treatment plan.
• Initiate treatment plan and advance attainment of established goals according to consumer response.
• Collaborates with consumer or designated family member to match level of involvement in the Plan of Care, treatment process and established time frames for goal attainment and provides education regarding pathology and prognosis.
• Identify the need to have the physician reassess or perform therapeutic reassessment of the consumer in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with other disciplines to provide an interdisciplinary treatment approach as deemed appropriate.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of insurance coverage and limitations, adapts treatment plan accordingly, and communicates appropriate information to consumer and families.
• Discharges consumer from therapy upon goal attainment or achievement of projected outcomes and provides for appropriate follow-up care or referrals as deemed appropriate.
• Completes documentation in real time unless prohibited by consumer care and then completes in a timely manner.
• Ensures that documentation is completed in accordance with established standards and includes the following components at a minimum: evaluation findings, treatment provided, consumers response, relevant communication, education, plan of care revisions, update of goals and progress.
• Serve as an effective educator and mentor to consumer served, families or other staff, clinical students and the community.
• Provides treatment to include a holistic approach that maintains the highest level of professional morals and ethics; compassion; knowledge and clinical reasoning.
• Continuously works to improve work environment and processes and demonstrates a patient and family centered focus when considering/developing improvement solutions to work environment/processes.
• Meets and maintains clinical specific and organizational skills/competencies, certifications/licensures as required.
• Maintains knowledge of area of specialty, healthcare trends and practice and populations served.
• Meets or exceeds established productivity expectations of the department within scheduled timeframes and with expected or superior clinical outcomes.
Graduate of an accredited program with degree in Speech and Language Pathology; current Ohio licensure or Conditional License by Board of Speech and Language Pathologist; licensure in good standing.
Clinical Fellowship Year Clinicians, Students; Volunteers
CORE COMPETENCIES - KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES/ATTRIBUTES:
• Knowledge of information and techniques to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, congenital anomalies and developmental delays.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Knowledge of human behavior, performance, and individual differences and cultures.
• Knowledge of stages of development and age groups served, inclusive of infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, young adults, adults and seniors.
• Ability to interact positively and compassionately with consumers, co-workers, and representatives from the community.
• Ability to establish appropriate treatment plan and implement age appropriate treatment techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to problem-solve issues.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
• Must exercise sound judgment in making decisions and act accordingly.
EQUIPMENT USED/MACHINERY REQUIRED TO OPERATE:
• Adaptive communication switches
• Augmentative communication devices
• Cognitive, perceptual or sensory evaluation or testing products
• General office equipment inclusive of computers and applicable software programs
• Stands, walks, bends, squats, twists, and kneels frequently.
• Reaches overhead on occasion
• Lifts up to 20 pounds on occasion.
• Pushes/pulls up to 25 pounds occasionally.
• Manual dexterity necessary.
• Good eye/hand coordination
• Visual and auditory acuity to perform essential functions.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases and bloodborne pathogens.