299 Edwards St.
Youngstown, Ohio 44502 US
Interested applicants should complete the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to download the PDF application.
Easterseals of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana Counties is looking for energetic and compassionate Physical Therapy Assistant to serve our clients and help to make a difference. The position is part-time and will work off site and on site as needed.
Employees are committed to creating an environment that promotes health, happiness, independence and safety by providing individuals with disabilities or special needs increased opportunities for access, inclusion and choice. Our decision making is guided by our values of integrity, respect, humility, welcoming and determination.
Implement and provide therapeutic and educational physical therapy programs in an efficient and effective manner in accordance with ethical standards of practice and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (FUNCTIONS) INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Implement physical therapy services in a professional, integrated manner to ensure desirable outcomes identified for the client and family.
• Prepare and maintain client reports and case notes to assure timely and relevant communication with client/family, third party funders, referral sources and regulatory bodies.
• Cooperate with other disciplines to provide a transdisiplinary treatment approach which will enhance the client/family ability to function and interact independently within the appropriate setting.
• Provide input for the planning and analysis of department programs, processes, productivity and financial status in order to enhance services provided for our clients.
• Promote and develop professional skills and knowledge of self through observation, mentoring, in-service training and attendance of workshops and departmental meetings.
• Contribute and participate in team meetings, conferences and staffings in order to assist client and/or family in attaining established goals.
• Serve as a liaison and/or participate in community outreach programs to promote services and educate consumers to thevalue of rehabilitative/habilitative intervention.
• Maintain certifications in accordance with professional requirements and/or licensing standards of the profession.
Associate degree from accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program, eligible for or licensed by the state of Ohio; knowledge of both pediatric and adult populations.
CORE COMPETENCIES - KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES/ATTRIBUTES:
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Knowledge of human behavior, performance, and individual differences and cultures.
• Knowledge of stages of development and age groups served, inclusive of infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, young adults, adults and seniors.
• Ability to interact positively and compassionately with consumers, co-workers, and representatives from the community.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to problem-solve issues.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
• Must exercise sound judgment in making decisions and act accordingly.
EQUIPMENT USED/MACHINERY REQUIRED TO OPERATE:
• Balance beams, boards, bolsters and/or rockers
• Orthotic/prosthetic equipment
• Cognitive, dexterity, perceptual or sensory evaluation or testing products
• Weight machines and equipment
• General office equipment inclusive of computers and applicable software programs
• Stands, walks, bends, squats, twists, and kneels frequently.
• Reaches overhead on occasion
• Lifts up to 20 pounds on occasion.
• Pushes/pulls up to 25 pounds occasionally.
• Manual dexterity necessary.
• Good eye/hand coordination
• Visual and auditory acuity to perform essential functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt $22/hourly
Benefits: PTO, Voluntary Benefits, 401K