299 Edwards St.
Youngstown, Ohio 44502 US
Interested applicants should complete the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to download the PDF application.
Easterseals of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana Counties is looking for an energetic and compassionate Occupational Therapist to serve our clients and help to make a difference. The position is for part-time and will work off site and on site as needed.
Employees are committed to creating an environment that promotes health, happiness, independence and safety by providing individuals with disabilities increased opportunities for access, inclusion and choice. Our decision making is guided by our values of integrity, respect, humility, welcoming and determination.
Assess, plan, organize and participate in rehabilitative programs that help build or restore vocational, homemaking, daily living skills and maximize functional independence and self-care for adults and children referred for occupational therapy services. Will provide supervision to staff, students and volunteers as required by the profession.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (FUNCTIONS) INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Reviews physician referral and provided medical information to assist in diagnosis and occupational therapy treatment required.
• Complete appropriate evaluation in order to establish goals and treatment plan.
• Initiate treatment plan and advance attainment of established goals according to consumer response.
• Collaborates with consumer or designated family member to match level of involvement in the Plan of Care, treatment process and established time frames for goal attainment and provides education regarding pathology and prognosis.
• Identify the need to have the physician reassess or perform therapeutic reassessment of the consumer in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with other disciplines to provide an interdisciplinary treatment approach as deemed appropriate.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of insurance coverage and limitations, adapts treatment plan accordingly, and communicates appropriate information to consumer and families.
• Discharges consumer from therapy upon goal attainment or achievement of projected outcomes and provides for appropriate follow-up care or referrals as deemed appropriate.
• Completes documentation in real time unless prohibited by consumer care and then completes in a timely manner.
• Ensures that documentation is completed in accordance with established standards and includes the following components at a minimum: evaluation findings, treatment provided, consumers response, relevant communication, education, plan of care revisions, update of goals and progress.
• Serve as an effective educator and mentor to consumer served, families or other staff, clinical students and the community.
• Provides treatment to include a holistic approach that maintains the highest level of professional morals and ethics; compassion; knowledge and clinical reasoning.
• Continuously works to improve work environment and processes and demonstrates a patient and family centered focus when considering/developing improvement solutions to work environment/processes.
• Meets and maintains clinical specific and organizational skills/competencies, certifications/licensures as required.
• Maintains knowledge of area of specialty, healthcare trends and practice and populations served.
• Meets or exceeds established productivity expectations of the department within scheduled timeframes and with expected or superior clinical outcomes.
• Occupational Therapy Assistant(s); Students; Volunteers.
• Sets/tracks/achieves meaningful goals for self and those teams within the scope of designated responsibility.
• Plans, prioritizes, coordinates and schedules time effectively to meet established timeframes.
• Is willing to learn from all situations and share this knowledge with others.
• Takes responsibility to solve problems related to the position and follows the chain of command in all situations.
• Graduate of an accredited program with degree in Occupational Therapy; current Ohio licensure by Board of Occupational, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers; licensure in good standing.
EQUIPMENT USED/MACHINERY REQUIRED TO OPERATE:
• General office equipment inclusive of computers and applicable software programs.
• Adaptive equipment
• Orthotic/prosthetic equipment
• Cognitive, dexterity, perceptual or sensory evaluation or testing products
• Therapeutic balls or accessories
• Weight machines and equipment
• Stands, walks, bends, squats, twists, and kneels frequently.
• Reaches overhead on occasion
• Lifts up to 20 pounds on occasion.
• Pushes/pulls up to 25 pounds occasionally.
• Manual dexterity necessary.
• Good eye/hand coordination
• Visual and auditory acuity to perform essential functions.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases and bloodborne pathogens.