299 Edwards St.
Youngstown, Ohio 44502 US
Interested applicants should complete the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to download the PDF application.
Easterseals of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana Counties is looking for an energetic, compassionate team player to serve our clients and help make a difference. This position is full time and will work in the Community Center for the Deaf. The right candidate for this position will be required but not limited to:
Employees are committed to creating an environment that promotes health, happiness, independence and safety by providing individuals with disabilities increased opportunities for access, inclusion and choice. Our decision making is guided by our values of integrity, respect, humility, welcoming and determination.
Facilitates communication between hearing and Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing individuals in classrooms, meetings, healthcare settings, and various community venues using American Sign Language in an effective manner; provide interpreting services between Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing and hearing staff within the agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (FUNCTIONS) INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Provides sign language interpreter services by means of a strong understanding of American Sign Language (ASL), both expressively and receptively, and Deaf culture.
• Interprets discussions, conversations, meetings, events, and other spoken word situations using American Sign Language or other manual sign system appropriate for the language and the cultural background of Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing clients and staff in settings such as medical, educational, business, and social services.
• Assists in creating interpreter schedules to cover all clients and staff requiring services.
• Collaborates with community professionals to gain understanding of relevant concepts to better facilitate translation for Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing clients.
• Works effectively in teams with other sign language interpreters.
• Must be able to travel to various locations in the Easterseals CCD service area to fulfill position responsibilities.
• Assist with the arrange and maintain all necessary contractual agreements for interpreting services.
• Performs other duties (or functions) as assigned.
• Travel between multiple sites is required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must have proof of auto insurance.
• A Criminal Background Check must meet the requirements of the State of OH for involvement in direct service capacity.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Interpreter Training program.
CORE COMPETENCIES – KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES/ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to work with broad range of individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds within the organization and in the general community.
• Ability to represent the agency, its programs and services, and its staff when providing services within the community.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, in American Sign Language, and in writing.
• Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and signed sentences
• Ability to interpret information and ideas to persons served to achieve understanding
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Awareness of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing culture as well as disability issues.
• Ability to problem-solve issues.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other program specific software
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must be honest, dependable, and able to meet deadlines.
• Must exercise sound judgment in making decisions and act accordingly.
• Serve as a cultural and linguistic resource to both consumer and providers.
• Accurately complete and submit required documentation and invoices in a timely manner to ensure compliance with standards of operation.
• Maintains awareness of best practices, emerging trends and new legislation relating to Sign Language/Interpreting functional area.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite. Working hours may include evenings, holidays or weekends depending on scheduled assignments and special events.
• Provide services in accordance with established standards of practice, company code of ethics, and confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements.
• Is friendly, helpful, and accessible to internal and external customers.
• Work is completed in a safe, sanitary manner.
EQUIPMENT USED/MACHINERY REQUIRED TO OPERATE:
Includes, but is not limited to:
• General office equipment inclusive of computers and applicable software programs
• Video phone
• Operate a motor vehicle safely
• May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to 25 pounds.
• Frequently requires sitting and standing
• Frequent utilization of repetitive motions
• May be required to drive, travel, and assist clients.
• Occasionally exposed to loud/noisy environments.