Easterseals Midwest offers this customized Pre-Employment program where participants can learn workplace skills and build natural supports to equip them for successful employment. We help individuals meet the following pre-vocational goals:
- How to locate a volunteer/internship opportunity
- Individualized one-on-one support in learning hard and soft job skills
- Support in practicing interview questions and techniques
- Assist with resume writing and portfolio development
- Participate in employability skills training
- Learning social skills in a work setting (conversational skills, learning to be a team player, appropriate dress and hygiene, etc.)
- Appropriate use of technology on the job site
- Applying for and using Call-a-Ride
- How to take the MetroBus/MetroLink
- Studying for a driver’s permit
- Conversational skills (conversation starters, responses, phone skills, etc.)
- Expressing wants and needs appropriately in the workplace and community
- Awareness of non-verbal communication
Self-Sufficiency and Community Skills
- How to stay organized (develop a planner/calendar)
- How to enroll in an education course (community college, continuing education, etc.)
- How to be safe (stranger awareness, community safety practices, traffic awareness, etc.)
What kind of time commitment is required to participate in Individual Pre-Employment?
Participants must meet with their trainer approximately 3 to 15 hours per week. Our team is committed to working with our participants' schedules and finding a time that works best for both parties.
How much will it cost to participate in Individual Pre-Employment?
For participants who meet eligibility requirements, this program is free. To find out if you qualify for these requirements, please contact us at 1-800-200-2119 or email@example.com.