Pre-Employment and Training Services
Easterseal’s Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) are offered to students with disabilities between the ages of 14–21 (up to their 22nd birthday) enrolled in high school and/or post-secondary education/certificate training programs in Worcester County and parts of Western Massachusetts (including Springfield, Holyoke, and Greenfield areas). We currently offer virtual services through Zoom meetings, webinars, and community-based workshops (virtual) on the following components:
- Job Exploration Counseling: Seminars or workshops on careers and required skills, career ladders, and interest inventory
- Self-Advocacy and Mentoring: Peer mentoring, development of individual advocacy skills, and rights and responsibilities
- Workplace Readiness Training: Development of transferable work skills that may include resume writing, interview skills, and professionals
- Counseling on Post-Secondary Education or Training Programs: Counseling and guidance about options upon exiting high school that may include academic or vocational programs
- Work Based Learning Experiences: Opportunities to job shadow, complete informational interviews, volunteer opportunities, and internships. Internships are 50 hours, the interns are paid 12.00 per hour by Easter Seals.
For more information on how to enroll and which schools we serve, please contact:
Kelly Penrod, Manager of Pre-ETS program
508-751-6387 or Kpenrod@eastersealsma.org
Easter Seals will provide Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) to students with disabilities between the ages of 14–21(up to their 22nd Birthday) enrolled in the various high schools and post-secondary education/certificate training programs in the Worcester area and Western MA. Students will gain valuable employment and transition skills that will assist them in their journey to adulthood.
An enrollment form must be filled out, as well as presentation of proof of disability (IEP, doctor’s letter, or 504 plan). If student is under 18 their parent’s or guardian’s signature will be needed. Students may pick and choose which components they would like to participate in. The components will be offered seasonally according to topic
Easterseals MA offers a range of services to assist you in your job search including skills training, internships and job placement.
- Access to a variety of jobs
- Pre-employment preparation including resume building, reference development and interviewing
- Career skills training
- Training for online job applications
Easterseals MA is the perfect partner to help you meet your client’s goals. Easterseals MA assists individuals who want to secure and/or maintain employment by providing services that match their abilities and interests. Easterseals MA recognizes and works with a person's unique skill set. Whether a person is looking for a professional, skilled, semi-skilled or service job, we will provide a flexible, creative solution to meet your specific needs, abilities and interests. Each of the services focuses on identifying or developing skills that will help you in your employment search. Click for more.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Employment and Training Services
Read about how we have helped people with disabilities gain the skills they need to succeed in the workplace and are assisted in finding good jobs. Read More>>