Easterseals Iowa is now offering crisis stabilization services to children and adults in select counties. Watch this brief video to learn more about the program.
Crisis Stabilization offers support to kids, families, and adults recovering from crisis. The five day program will introduce skills to assist in managing future crisis, and supporting family and other important relationships in the individual's life. Adults, children, and their families can expect:
- A comprehensive mental health assessment
- Meet daily with a Licensed Mental Health Professional
- At least one hour a day of skill building work for the individual, child, parents, family, or any combination of the three
- Introduction to, and practice utilizing skills to build resiliency for adults, children, parents, and families
- Connectivity to additional community services to support long term health and wellness
Services can be provided for children and families in our residential program location at Camp Sunnyside, or to adults, children, and their families, in their own community. Those who participate in residential services can expect individual, family, and group work with other residential participants for up to five days. Funding is available for those in need for transportation and meals, for family members visiting or staying on campus. Residential Crisis Stabilization services are intended to support the whole family.
If you or someone you love is in need of Crisis Stabilization services you can access them through referral by:
- Mobile Crisis
- Hospital Emergency Room
- Upon Hospital discharge
- By calling the Resource and Referral line at: 515.288.0818
- Residential services for those under 18
- Under 18 years old for the children's services or over 18 years old for adult services
- Experiencing a crisis you need professional intervention to overcome
- Residential services are available to residents of Polk, Dallas, Audubon and Guthrie counties. Community services are only in Polk county.
- Not currently a danger to others for residential services
- Do not meet hospital admission criteria