The Supported Education Program provides support for individuals with a psychiatric diagnosis in establishing successful individualized educational plans. Educational programs and settings include, but are not limited to: Literacy, Adult Basic Education, General Equivalency Diploma, College, Vocational Education, and/or Vocational Training. The goal is to enhance community integration and to assist individuals with successful completion of their educational goals.
Supported Education Services Provide:
- Initial educational planning.
- Determination of appropriate educational settings
- Assistance through admissions, financial aid, and registration processes.
- Academic and career counseling.
- Coordination of tutorial services.
- Coordination of services with community support networks.
- Education for clients and community on ADA guidelines with regard to academic settings.
- Documentation of disability guidelines.
- Development of comprehensive and individualized educational plans.