Our Easterseals hopes you and your families are staying safe and well.
Easterseals is carrying on and continuing our mission of providing exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities. Our Easterseals is following state and federal guidelines to continue to serve those in need of our services while keeping our staff safe.
Below are some updates and resources for our employees and clients. This page will be updated regularly, so please check back often.
Follow the www.ct.gov/coronavirus website for the latest guidance, emergency order and up-to-date information about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
For Easterseals Clients:
- We are offering telehealth visits to complete the neuropsychological intakes (diagnostic interviews) and feedback sessions to review the results/recommendations for individuals who have already completed their neuropsychological evaluation.
- We are available for brief consultation with physicians/providers if they have more urgent concerns, questions, or need for additional recommendations to assist patients in the interim.
- Referring sources should continue to send over referrals so that their patients can be scheduled as soon as possible. We will reach out to patients to inform them we received the referral and discuss various scheduling options.
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Supported education and supported employment programs offered through our DMHAS grant continue with staff working remotely and maintaining consistent communication with clients via telephone. Clients express great appreciation for the continued contact and communication.
Contact Vocational Rehabilitation Services: (860) 728-1061 ext. 210
Veteran & Military Family Services
- We are collaborating with government and non-government organizations with case-management to address basic-fundamental needs.
- Addressing the effect of COVID-19 related social distancing on mental health and peer support.
- Familiarizing the veteran population with adjustments made by healthcare providers and community resources.
- Maintaining a focus on previously established case management goals
Contact Veteran & Military Family Services: 860-859-4148 ext. 1
- Easterseals Social Enterprises, Janitorial Services and EnviroShred operations continue with appropriate safeguards.
Contact Social Enterprises: (860) 728-1061 ext. 250
For Easterseals Employees:
Anthem EAP Resources
The impact of COVID-19 seems to grow every day. It's only natural to feel stress and anxiety related to it. The Anthem Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help!
The EAP website offers a variety of tools and resources related to COVID-19 including:
- Online seminars with emotional support and practical information
- Regularly updated links to news outlets and health organization websites
- Links to articles and resources to help you stay informed
And of course the EAP can help you manage all the changes that are occurring each day. You can use the website for:
- Articles and tip sheets to help with everyday needs
- Information on child and elder care resources
- Legal and financial information
- And more!
Visit the Anthem EAP site by going to www.anthemeap.com.
Additional information can be found in your Easterseals Paychex account.
How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus, New York Times
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), American Academy of Pediatrics
Ultimate Guide to Mental Health and Education Resources for Kids and Teens, Online Counseling Programs
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Advice from an Expert, American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
Keeping Your Distance to Stay Safe, American Psychological Association