Who We Are banner graphic

For Immediate Release

Riders and donors honor veterans at Easterseals' inaugural Honor Ride

August 30, 2021

two male bike riders rounding a curve on the bike path

Easterseals held its inaugural Honor Ride on Saturday, August 28, to pay tribute to loved ones who served, while raising funds so no veteran in need is left behind. The ride raised $154,465 for Easterseals Military & Veteran Services.

Over 400 people were involved with Honor Ride, including donors who purchased an Honor Ribbon to recognize their veteran loved one. 152 people signed up to ride, with 40 teams registered. Riders could register individually or on a team, for a six- or 22-mile ride in-person or on their own. 40% of registrants gathered for group rides, while the other 60% decided to make it their own personal ride.

The in-person rides were held at Lunken Airport Bike Path and Miami Whitewater Forest, and kicked off with remarks by Easterseals job Developer Chris Macklin and Easterseals Military & Veteran Services director Scott Robinson, who spoke the names aloud of every veteran that riders and donors chose to honor. The ride culminated with a ceremonial veteran ride on Cincinnati Red Bikes at Rebel Mettle Brewery downtown.

Easterseals Honor Ride would like to thank its presenter, the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr. Foundation, as well as its sponsors:

Honor Ride 2021 brought visibility to the service and sacrifice of those who have worn our nation’s uniform, as well as the struggles many face when they return home. Easterseals is committed to ensuring that all who served have somewhere to turn when they need help with employment, disabling injuries, overcoming homelessness, recovering from addiction and more. Learn more about Honor Ride at eastersealshonorride.com.

woman stands with her back to the camera wearing the honor ride tshirt

large american flag suspended from fire truck; bike riders riding below

About Easterseals Military & Veteran Services

Easterseals Military & Veteran Services is a team of veterans serving veterans. They understand the challenges of ending a military career and reestablishing themselves as civilians. Each left military service for different reasons: retirement, a disabling injury or reduction in force.

Despite the differing circumstances and coming from different branches of service, each shared that same sense of loss when their military careers came to a close. The feeling of lost mission, lost purpose and the lost bonds of friendship forged in service to America.

Easterseals Military & Veteran Services was formed in 2012 to serve veterans who lost their footing and have struggled to find their place as civilians. Many of these veterans who turn to Easterseals face challenges with disabling injuries seen and unseen, homelessness, substance abuse and unemployment. If you or a veteran you know is struggling, reach out to us at srobinson@eastersealsgc.org.

Powered by Blackbaud
nonprofit software