IT Support Specialist - Part-Time
Part-time PART_TIME ; posted: Tuesday, Jan 11 2022
Send resume to:
West Palm Beach, Florida US
To apply for this position, please complete our online application on our careers site at the link provided: https://eastersealsflorida.e3applicants.com/careers
Salary will be up to $24.62 per hour (and based on experience). Part-time position working 29 hours per week.
Easterseals Florida has been rated a 2020 and 2021 Great Place to Work by our employees! We provide services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities. Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
About the position:
Does the idea of working with technology excite you? Are you committed to helping people while supporting an amazing cause? If so, then the IT Support Specialist position at Easterseals Florida may be for you. Easterseals Florida is seeking an organized, customer service focused, and detail-oriented individual for the position of IT Support Specialist. This position provides onsite introductory-level technical support to multiple office locations in the Southeast Florida area, from Port St Lucie to Miami
As an IT Support Specialist, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. You will also be tasked with diagnosing and troubleshooting problem areas in a timely and accurate manner and providing end user training and assistance where required. In your role as an IT Support Specialist, you will also be responsible for documenting and communicating your activity and project results to the Operations team and management. This is the perfect opportunity for an energetic, inquisitive, eager learner looking to expand their IT career. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, then please apply today!
The IT Support Specialist reports to the Director of IT Services and will be a valued member of the Easterseals Florida team.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) in Information Technology or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Helpdesk experience preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of how networking technologies operate and ability to troubleshoot issues with switches, routers and other equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Office 365 a plus)
- Ability to identify, communicate, troubleshoot and resolve computer/technical problems independently and collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new technology systems and processes quickly
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to travel at least 60% of the time
- Due to the need to drive to complete your job duties in our program locations, you must be at least 21 years old and have reliable transportation
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP) (including medical marijuana).