Camp Counselor - Weekends
Part-time PART_TIME ; posted: Tuesday, Jan 11 2022
Send resume to:
Sorrento, Florida US
To apply for this position, please complete our online application on our careers site at the link provided: https://eastersealsflorida.e3applicants.com/careers
$180.00 per weekend stipend (plus room and board)
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life and to work in a fun and unique workplace? Are you a psychology, social work, physical/speech/occupational therapy, nursing or other related student looking to gain experience working with children and adults with disabilities? Consider being a Weekend Camp Counselor with Easterseals Florida Camp Challenge!! Easterseals Florida, voted 2020 and 2021 Great Place to Work by staff is seeking energetic, motivated and creative individuals to fill our weekend camp counselor positions for our upcoming weekend and weeklong camps at Camp Challenge in Sorrento, Florida.
Weekend Camp Schedule
- January 14 through January 16, 2022
- February 11 through February 13, 2022
- March 18 through March 20, 2022
- April 22 through April 24, 2022
Weeklong Camp Schedule
- March 12 through March 20, 2022
Easterseals Florida Camp Challenge provides adults and children with disabilities and special needs a weekend getaway filled with laughter, friendship and fun! Our camp counselors are a big part of making that happen. As a weekend camp counselor, you assist campers in recreational activities such as sports, nature, the challenge course, arts and crafts, swimming, talent night, and making s'mores at campfires. Additionally, you assist with the personal care needs of some of our campers, such as assisting with meals, bathing, dressing, toileting, sensory needs, and helping manage difficult behaviors. Training will be provided.
COVID-19 Considerations: All staff are required to follow our COVID Safety & Sanitation Guidelines.
What We Value:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Great communication skills
- Compassion, energy and creativity
- Ability to assist in the physical care of our campers including lifting and transferring
- Ability to develop positive relationships with people with diverse abilities and backgrounds
- CPR and First Aid are preferred, but training will be provided
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Being ready and able to work one of the hardest, yet one of the most rewarding, jobs in your life
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP) (including medical marijuana).