Activities & Care Specialist - Winter Park
Full-time FULL_TIME ; posted: Wednesday, Aug 10 2022
Send resume to:
Winter Park, Florida 32792 US
To apply for this position, please complete our online application on our careers site at the link provided: https://eastersealsflorida.e3applicants.com/careers
$13.00 per hour, Full-time position working 30 hours per week
Easterseals Florida has been rated a 2020 and 2021 Great Place to Work by our employees! We provide services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities. Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
What we offer:
- Professional Training Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Several Supplemental Insurance Policies
- 403B Savings Plan
- Work Life Balance
- The Opportunity to Make a Difference in the Community and the Organization
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a dynamic and compassionate individual to work as an Activities and Care Specialist in our Winter Park adult day health care center, which serves adults with disabilities, dementia related disorders or other memory impairment conditions. The Activities and Care Specialist provides our members a safe, stimulating and fun-filled day by assisting in providing quality recreational, therapeutic, social and informative activities to stimulate interaction, promote constructive leisure time, motivate clients to function at their maximum level of independence, and meet the diverse needs of our clients. The Activities and Care Specialist also provides personal care to our members.
The hours of work for this position will be scheduled between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED and at least one year of experience providing care to persons with disabilities, dementia or other memory related disorders
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- An energetic creative and professional individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP) (including medical marijuana).