Adult Day Services
- Frequently asked questions about center based adult day care.
- Choosing an adult day services provider.
- Easy access housing resources for making your home accessible.
- Talking with your doctor tips to maintain a good relationship with your loved one's doctor.
- S.A.F.E.T.Y First steps to assure you are prepared for an emergency evacuation.
- Loving Conversations -- a thoughtful guide for adult children and their parent.
- Hire a mature worker -- save time and money!
- The National Center for Senior Transportation (NCST).
- Transportation Solutions for Caregivers -- Transporting an older loved one who requires physical assistance or has dementia can present a challenge, but it doesn't have to be a struggle. There is almost always a solution and a way to make every car trip easier.
- Loving Conversations.
- Services for caregivers.
- The Caregiver's Marketplace Website for caregiver skills training, education and resources.
- Needs Assessment for Living on Your Own -- As you talk with your parent or loved one about his or her options for staying at home, be sure to ask what their needs are. Begin by working together to answer this question by downloading a PDF copy of the assessment.
- Worksheet for Hiring a Home Helper -- Is it becoming more difficult for you to take proper care of your yard or bend over to take the laundry out of the dryer? Does it seem like too much effort some days to cook or take care of basic housework? Do you find yourself bathing less often because you are worried about slipping and falling in the shower when you are alone? Then you are probably a good candidate for a home helper!
Contact Easterseals for more information about Easterseals services in your area.