Connecting to families right where they are
Easterseals Central Illinois launched our services through Telehealth using the platform VidyoHealth, also known as VidyoConnect on April 8th 2020. As part of our strategic plan, telehealth was scheduled to roll out in late 2020, but was activated earlier in response to the coronavirus and the stay at home order. We are committed to our Mission of providing exceptional pediatric therapy to ensure that children with developmental delays, disabilities and other special needs reach their full potential.
Blomington Center- Ongoing Therapy and early intervention- Call (309)663-8275 to get started.
Peoria Center - Ongoing Therapy and early intervention - Call (309)686-1177 to get started.
Billing Questions- Contact Client Financial Services at (309)686-1177 or email JDavis@eastersealsci.com
What is telehealth?
- Telehealth is a way to deliver therapy services through a live video connection between ESCI therapists and families/caregivers.
What services are provided through telehealth?
- All Easterseals Central Illinois therapists are trained and ready to provide telehealth services to your family, including but not limited to, Applied Behavior Analysis, counseling, developmental therapy, feeding therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy
- A limited amount of evaluations are approved for telehealth.
- Limited portions of the Autism Early Diagnostic Clinic as well as the Assistive Technology Clinic are being made available through telehealth, although participation in the clinics will require in-person elements.
What technology is needed for telehealth?
- Our telehealth platform is accessible to families via laptops, computers, tablets, iPhones and Android phones. Laptops, computers and tablets are preferred for best overall experience. A working microphone and camera are needed.
- A stable wifi connection is preferred, however cellular data is an option if wifi is not available. (Your standard data rates may apply) depending on your cellular plan.
- Your care coordinator will assist you in getting set up on the platform.
Does my insurance cover telehealth?
- Most policies are approved for telehealth services, however we encourage families to confirm with their insurance or reach out to our Client Financial Services team at or call .
- If your insurance company does not cover telehealth, self-pay options are available. For more information contact our Client Financial Services team at or call (309)686-1177.
- Fees for services provided by telehealth are the same as in-person sessions.
When can we start telehealth?
- Ongoing therapy services are starting telehealth as of April 8th.
- New referrals will be considered for telehealth after an evaluation is complete.
- We are working with insurance companies to determine if and when evaluations will be covered under Telehealth
- Regarding telehealth billing, contact Janet Davis (309)686-1177
- Regarding your specific therapy plan, contact your therapist, care coordinator or the general line at (309)686-1177 in Peoria and 309-663-8275 in Bloomingto
- Regarding supporting our telehealth program through financial donation visit