Easterseals Serving Chicagoland and Rockford is following the states guidelines set forth by Governor Pritzker, Mayor Lightfoot, and the CDC.
We are doing everything we can to stay connected with you during this time. Let's continue to stay connected and strong, together!
Throughout this pandemic, Easterseals Academy staff has relied on the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), Center for Disease Control (CDC) and our students’ home school districts to guide our decision-making process. Please read this letter for FALL 2021 updates published July 27, 2021 to our families from our Director of Educational and Clinical Services, Mary "Betsey" Tallon, MEd, OT/L
Please review the daily home screening tool our team developed for parents.
Our Academy is led by our Director of Educational and Clinical Services, Mary 'Betsey' Tallon, and our Academies' Principals. If you have any questions regarding one of our Eastseals Academy locations please contact:
- Director of Educational and Clinical Services, Mary “Betsey” Tallon, MEd, OT/L, at email@example.com
- Principal, Machesney Park Academy, Terence Brown, MAT, MsEd at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal, Tinley Park Academy, Kristin Hrdlicka, MEd at email@example.com
- Principal, Chicago Academy, Sarah Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gilchrist Marchman Child Development Center
Easterseals Gilchrist Marchman Child Development Center carefully follows the precautions set forth by the City of Chicago's reopening plan for child care centers. This includes limited capacity and enhanced procedures to ensure the health and safety of children, families and staff. We are currently enrolling and spaces fill up fast so please call now!
- If you have questions, please contact Ann O'Malley at email@example.com or call 312.492.7402
CFC 8 & CFC 12
We are following guidance from DHS regarding Early Intervention Services. Until further notice, face-to-face services are discontinued. Guidance from DHS.
- Service Coordinator's are working with families via phone, e-mail, and US mail.
- All home visits are canceled.
- All meetings scheduled at the CFCs are canceled.
- The 45 day rule is relaxed per DHS.
- Contact: Peter Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708.429.8231
Early Learning Services
The Early Learning Services Office is open.
- All early learning centers in Chicago and the suburbs rolled out a very safe and strategic reopening plan in June 2020.
- In-person and remote learning options are available at all Easterseals locations, including 31 partner centers.
- Remote learning is available for any families enrolling at a new location in Hickory Hills that is currently undergoing licensing to open as an early learning center.
- Home visiting services are being offered virtually through our Head Start Home Based program.
- Staff are providing in-person support to partner sites, children, and families and will remain in contact with families enrolled in remote learning to assess needs, provide resources, share newsletters, and offer at-home activities for children.
Contact: Tracey Mikasa at email@example.com or call 708.330.4958.
Family Support/Partnering with Parents/Teen Family Support of Rockford
- Teen Family Support is now VIRTUAL - providing personal visits and groups virtually. Occasional, brief outside home visits are allowed (weather permitting) provided by the Doulas and Family Support Workers to drop off supplies, holiday and birthday gifts. The program follows the Restore Illinois State Plan.
- Family Support Services: Respite services have resumed as of August. Social Activities/sibshops are being planned and scheduled following guidelines outlined in the Restore Illinois State Plan. Parent trainings are on hold due to partner agency restrictions.
- Partnering with Parents is now VIRTUAL - providing personal visits and groups virtually. Our 12-week parenting workshop, Chicago Parent Program, is currently being held virtually, as well.
- Contact: Kathleen Kurtz | firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 815.965.5069 | Fax: 815.965.6021
All HarrysButtons locations, including Machesney Park, Tinley Park and Chicago have reopened and implemented very strict measures on health and safety during this time.
- Contact: Jason Reis at email@example.com
Illinois Autism Partnership (IAP)
Illinois Autism Partnership (IAP) continues to support our academies and partner school districts with evidence-based coaching, consulting, and instructional materials.
- Check out our Virtual Classroom for visually-based lessons and songs for students with autism.
- Check out our Visual Supports, Social Stories, and other printable resources here.
- COVID-19 Visual Supports Toolkit - https://l.ead.me/bbjnjw
- Social Distancing Reminders - https://l.ead.me/bbjnFg
- “I’m Excited to go Back to School!” - https://l.ead.me/bbjnU6
- “I Can Be Safe on the Bus!” - https://l.ead.me/bbjnUQ
- “Wear a Mask” Song - https://youtu.be/IkCg0KTUvcg
- “Wear a Mask” Song Lyrics - https://l.ead.me/bbjCfG
- Power Card Pack - https://l.ead.me/bbjnTa
For more information on how the Illinois Autism Partnership can support your district or organization, contact: Sarah Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-491-4116.
The Autism Program (TAP)
The Autism Program of Easterseals is working remotely and will continue to provide services virtually. We are available via phone, email, Zoom, and other virtual modes. We kindly ask that you not come to our site on Parkview. The building is not open to the public at this time. Please feel free to call us. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
- The University of Illinois Rockford, where our offices are located, is not open to the public. Please DO NOT attempt to drop off any paperwork. We kindly ask that you. • eFax 847.349.4287 • F 815.395.5573 or mail it to 1601 Parkview Ave., Rockford, IL 61107. You can also scan your packet and email it to email@example.com. Please call or email if you need assistance.
- Our parent support groups have moved from monthly to weekly. Groups are being provided via Zoom. If you are interested in attending, please send an email to get updates and receive the Zoom link. The group meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6PM – 7PM.
- Our Family Community Resource Room is closed for face-to-face visitors. However, we are available via telephone. Zoom and email. We do have the ability to mail and email resources if needed.
- Screening and Diagnostics will take place virtually for those that it is appropriate to do so. In-person direct assessments will be scheduled when we can complete and following all assessment protocols and CDC, local, and state health department guidelines.
- Leo Club is meeting bi-weekly on Mondays via Zoom.
- Contact: Lori Davie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815.395.5566
Easterseals Illinois Autism Partnership (IAP) has created tools for families and schools including:
Coronavirus Social Story – Help children understand coronavirus.
Secondary/Adult Coronavirus Social Story – Help older students/adults understand coronavirus.
Social Distancing Social Story – Help children understand social distancing.
Secondary/Adult Social Distancing Social Story – Help older students/adults understand social distancing.
School Closure Toolkit - Help families structure their time at home during the school closures.
We are carefully monitoring the situation and are focused on continuously updating information and recommendations from ISBE, the state of Illinois, WHO and CDC, as well as our school district partners and local and state health officials