Two Pillars of Work
Easterseals serving Chicagoland and Greater Rockford supports children, individuals with disabilities, and families through two Pillars of work dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve and society more broadly. These Pillars provide distinct services but also overlap and reinforce one another.
The Compelling Reason Behind the Pillars
Research shows that investments in early childhood development lead to significant improvements in long-term outcomes in terms of academic, socio-emotional, and physical health. Similarly, timely diagnosis and the provision of targeted supports for individuals with disabilities plays a determining role in the quality of the lives, health, wellness, and success of individuals. Early childhood learning and development and disability are key to improving equity in society. Low-income individuals, families, and communities and individuals with disabilities need access to appropriate resources, education, care and supports to maximize their potential.
Easterseals serving Chicagoland and Greater Rockford is committed both to providing core services in the early learning and the disability spaces, as well as to building capacity and expertise in those areas, through training and knowledge sharing. Our talented leaders and staff bring unparalleled expertise in the early learning and disability spaces to contribute to the broader field.
We are a direct provider of autism and behavioral services. We operate three campuses of the Easterseals Academy, partner with inclusive early learning centers, and provide employment opportunities for those with disabilities. We also provide diagnostic services; early intervention supports; and evidence-based resources for families.
- The Autism Program provides evidence-based information and resources for autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The outreach program is for individuals living with an autism spectrum disorder and the families, caregivers, and professionals who support them. This program is located in Rockford.
- Easterseals Academy serves students with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders. Easterseals Academy empowers each student to achieve peak academic performance, increase social and vocational skills, develop effective means of communication, and foster the acquisition of functional life skills for independence in the community. Our school locations are in Chicago, Machesney Park and Tinley Park.
- HarrysButtons.com at Easterseals serving Chicagoland and Greater Rockford improves the lives and futures of individuals living with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other disabilities by providing employment skills training and employment opportunities. We have locations in Chicago, Machesney Park, and Tinley Park.
- The Illinois Autism Partnership builds the capacity of school districts statewide to provide effective programming for students with autism spectrum disorder. Our individualized coaching, consulting, family engagement, and training programs offer school districts a wide range of options.
We are a leading provider of early learning & developmental services, including operating and overseeing more than 40 Head Starts and Early Head Start Centers in suburban Cook County and the city of Chicago.; operating two Child Family Connection centers; and providing education and supportive services to low income families and teen mothers in both Chicagoland and Greater Rockford.
Child Family Connections #8 and #12 (Early Intervention)
- Our Early Intervention Services supports families of infants and toddlers who have delays in development or are at-risk for significant developmental delay. We serve the southside of Chicago and the southwest suburbs with locations in Chicago and Tinley Park.
- Family Support Services provides a variety of resources for families who have a child with a developmental disability or delay. Services can include social activities, respite, consultations, sibling support, and a resource center. We are located in Rockford.
- The Gilchrist Marchman Child Development Center provides inclusive early childhood and education services for children six weeks to five years of age. We are located in Chicago.
- Our early learning program is nationally recognized for high-quality, family centered education for children ages birth to 5 years old. Easterseals serving Chicagoland and Greater Rockford operates and oversees 40+ early childhood programs funded by Head Start/Early Head Start located in the city of Chicago and suburban Cook County to promote school readiness in young children of all abilities from families with incomes below poverty guidelines.
- Hickory Hills Head Start Center provides inclusive early childhood and education services for children six weeks to five years of age. This is our newest child development center and we are located in Hickory Hills.
- Partnering with Parents supports mothers during pregnancy and their children from birth to three years old in Oak Park and River Forest through home visiting and group activities that help parents grow as their child’s first teacher. We are located in Oak Park.
- Teen Family Support assists pregnant and parenting teenagers to develop and improve healthy parent-child relationships by providing long-term support through pregnancy, labor, delivery, and becoming a new parent. We are located in Rockford.