"Your life and mine shall be valued not by what we take...but by what we give."
-- Edgar Allen, Easterseals Founder
Easterseals Serving Chicagoland and Greater Rockford supports children, individuals with disabilities, and families through two Pillars of work dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve and society more broadly: Comprehensive Autism and Behavioral Services, and Early Learning and Developmental Services.
At Easterseals Serving Chicagoland and Greater Rockford, we believe in the power of helping, service, and giving back to our communities. We can always use YOUR help. There are many ways to get involved. We offer a range of volunteer opportunities and welcome your ideas on how to get involved.
- Create a pre-recorded or live video presentation for children in our early learning centers. Ideas include:
> Read a book
> Play an instrument
> Sing a song
> Lead a craft or experiment
> Present a training to families
- Give a virtual tour of your workplace.
- Create a pre-recorded or live video presentation for families in areas that support personal and career growth such as preparing a resume, interviewing, budgeting, etc.
- Create a dramatic arts video, special project video, or educational activity our students can enjoy watching or working on.
- Participate one-on-one alongside our staff in a weekly/monthly online visit with a young adult in one of our programs.
IN-PERSON VOLUNTEERING (Post-pandemic)
- We welcome volunteers at our early learning centers serving children 6 months - 5 years. Two ways you can help are:
> Assist in our classrooms based on your comfort level. Ideas include helping with seasonal activities, games, and crafts for children in our inclusive early learning centers located in Chicago and Hickory Hills.
> We could always use a hand with some light office work, too.
- Participate in a landscaping and outside beautification project this spring at Easterseals Academy in Tinley Park.
- Support our various special events throughout the year by becoming a corporate partner or volunteering.
- Communicating with our families is a top priority. We’d appreciate help from talented individuals who are fluent in multiple languages.
> Translate documents for our Early Learning Services team in Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, or other languages.
> Translate materials, particularly in Spanish and Polish, for our Illinois Autism Partnership. Our resources are shared all over the world!