For over 70 years, Easterseals Arkansas has put hope within reach for thousands of adults with disabilities and their families. We provide a variety of home and community-based services, affording opportunities for adults to live, learn, work and play in their community. We also provide resources, support, and education for family members and caregivers.
Services for adults with disabilities:
- In-Home Waiver Services - This program provides extra help in the home for adults with disabilities and their families through Medicaid Waiver Services.
- Adult Training & Wellness Center - Our adult center is a day program located in Little Rock where adults ages 18 and up with developmental delay or disabilities can go to make friends, learn new skills and obtain a job.
- Post-Secondary Education & Training (ACCE) - Through a partnership with UA Little Rock, the Academics, Community, Career Development and Employment Program (ACCE) is an opportunity for students to have a college experience and prepare for competitive employment.
- Job Training & Placement - Our HIRE division provides one-on-one job counseling, training and helps adults with special needs find a job with many local employers.
- High School Transition SET for Success - We offer a specially tailored Pre-Employment Transition Service (Pre-ETS) Program in school districts to help set up students for success as they transition out of high school.
- Independent Living Apartments - We operate 4 apartment complexes in Little Rock, providing affordable, accessible and safe housing for adults with disabilities.
- Butler Adult Living Center - Our 10-bed residential facility works closely with each resident and their family to help them become more independent.
“I am really impressed by Mark’s dedication and doing what’s right for the patients,” said Matthew of Sodexo. He hired Mark through Easterseals HIRE, a job placement program for adults with disabilities. Matthew oversees the food services program at St. Vincent Hospital. His team is responsible for anything related to food at the Little Rock hospital such as delivering food trays, developing nutritious meals and catering.
Mark loves making the patients smile as he delivers their food every day. "I love my job and seeing patients get better," said Mark. He previously attended our Center for Training & Wellness where he was class president and first learned about our HIRE program. Easterseals helped Mark achieve his dream of obtaining a job. The HIRE program provides job training and on-going job counseling for adults with special needs and helps them find jobs with local companies. Besides being impressed with Mark’s dedication to the patients, Matthew says, “Mark is a spirit champion whose positivity catches on with other employees.” The nurses of the Surgical Stepdown Unit recently recognized Mark with the STAR award for his great attitude. A big round of applause to Mark for excelling at his job!