Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
If you're looking to make a real difference in the lives of others, consider joining our team! We are urgently hiring for the following positions:
- ACT Team Lead (Yanceyville, NC)
- ACT Registered Nurse (Burlington, NC)
- ACT Registered Nurse (Statesville, NC)
- ACT Psychotherapist (Raleigh, NC)
- ACT Team Lead (Lillington, NC)
- ACT Medical Director/Psychiatrist (Statesville, NC)
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is a full spectrum, long-term, community-based treatment model for adults with severe and persistent mental health needs that have not been adequately treated by more traditional treatment services. This evidence-based treatment approach involves a high level of coordinated care and supports individuals as they manage their mental health challenges and live independently.
Easterseals UCP’s ACT team members work with individuals living with mental health challenges to address every aspect of their lives, whether through medication, therapy, social support, employment or housing.
We provide services in various locations including home, schools, and other community settings. We are able to meet clients at their point of need and desired place of interaction.
- Adults with a history of mental health needs related to a psychotic disorder, major depression with psychosis and bipolar disorder, regardless of history of substance use
- Individuals with history of repeated hospitalizations
- Individuals who need highly coordinated care
- Individuals who might be reluctant to engage in treatment
- Individuals who would benefit from support in obtaining basic needs such as housing, education, employment, accessing benefits and support services
- All mental health care is handled by our team of professional staff in various locations across North Carolina
- Support is offered to gain improvements in any aspect of one's life
- Care is coordinated before, during and after any hospitalization
- Person-centered plan and Personal Outcomes are the core of treatment
- Fewer hospitalizations of shorter duration
- Stable housing
- Effective medication management
- Gains in educational and vocational goals
- Improved support systems
Need help with depression and suicidal thoughts?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
Suicide Hotline-North Carolina Click for local hotline phone numbers
Suicide Hotline-Virginia Click for local hotline phone numbers
Learn more about Assertive Community Treatment
ACT's Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment (IDDT), an evidence-based model that addresses an individual's substance use in the context of their mental illness, please visit the IDDT webpage.
For more information about getting in touch with us, our office locations or updates about our program, please click on the links below.
Return to Adult Mental Health Services page