Executive Assistant to President/CEO
Full-time; posted: Tuesday, Feb 13 2018
Easterseals National Office
Provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; oversees special projects. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters and discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO (“CEO”) including; managing calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Ensures the CEO is thoroughly briefed on appointments and meetings and has all relevant materials
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, affiliates, and others, on matters related to the CEO’s initiatives.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Compiles and drafts correspondence, reports and presentations for the CEO.
- Receives incoming telephone calls, refers calls to other staff as appropriate, takes and transmits messages, and places outgoing calls as required. Greets staff and other visitors for appointments.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, including sorting, distributing, copying and forwarding as appropriate.
- Attends meetings as appropriate and requested, and listens to extensive and diverse discussions in order to produce concise summaries of meeting minutes and pertinent data.
- Collects and maintains accurate databases and manages systems for updating information, mailing various cards/materials and stewarding volunteer relationships.
- Manages all administrative functions related to the Board of Directors and House of Delegates and serves as liaison for volunteers including via telephone, email and other written communications throughout the year. Also serves as on-site point person for the administrative activities and for volunteers at the board meetings and at the annual convention. Manages the preparation and distribution of materials for all Board and House meetings, and prepares and distributes action reports and minutes following all meetings.
- Creates and manages accurate filing systems for a variety of files including correspondence, reference, special projects, board meeting minutes and correspondence and other information.
- Handles confidential matters professionally and appropriately.
- Understands and endorses the mission and values of Easterseals.
- Maintains a cheerful and positive attitude and supports enthusiastically other members of the Easterseals team by: conducting business ethically and with integrity, demonstrating respect for fellow colleagues, showing dedication to improving quality, and being committed to customer service.
- Contributes to an organizational culture of innovation and exemplary performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities and objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle assignments quickly and efficiently and to meet deadlines and follow through
- Ability to handle confidential matters in a mature and responsible manner
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be accurate, flexible, well organized and a team player
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Possess qualities of integrity and tact
- Must work amiably under pressure, and utilize independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent coordination/logistic skills; able to handle numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel as required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of related experience in working with a high-level corporate executive.