Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
Under the Supervision of the Site Manager, the Teacher is responsible for the overall operations of the classroom and provide a high quality of education and care for children.
- Supervise daily classroom activities, including outdoor play activities using positive discipline techniques to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculums and submit timely forms and reports.
- Responsible for planning and documenting program according to state guidelines.
- Maintain open lines of communication with families and work with other staff members to ensure that the needs of individual children are met.
- Attend and actively participate in supervision, multi-component and staff meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of materials, equipment, and information for the daily program, taking daily attendance and lunch count including reports for CACFP.
- Use appropriate food handling, sanitation and OSHA procedures at all times.
- Maintain an Anecdotal Log for each child enrolled.
- Conduct monthly fire and lockdown drills
- Maintain classroom and storage materials in neat, orderly and safe manner.
- Displays and upholds Easterseals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of infant and toddler development. Knowledge of Early Childhood Education, School Readiness and Connecticut Early Learning and Development standards.
- Warm and nurturing personality.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- Must be able to work in Pre-school classroom, possibly work with children with communicable diseases and disabilities.
- Outdoor playground (possibly without handicapped access).
- Personal qualifications as required in Part 407: Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers, emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required (a minimum of 12 early childhood credits). Connecticut Early Childhood Teacher credential is required by June 1, 2020.
- Minimum of two years of early childhood experience required.