School Psychologist/Social Worker/School Counselor- Birth to Three Program, Per Diem
Part-time; posted: Thursday, Apr 13 2017
Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
24 Stott Ave
Norwich, Connecticut 06360
Per diem, flexible schedule needed (available between 8am and 6pm M-F). Occassional weekends.
Under the direct supervision of Birth to Three Director, this professional will:
- Conduct standardized developmental assessments.
- Uphold records within guidelines mandated by DDS, B-3, OEC and Easterseals policies and procedures.
- Independently schedule home visits, evaluations and IFSP’s.
- Possess knowledge of child development and intervention skills relative to child development and family systems.
- Collaborate with other community services including attending local meetings.
- Coach families on how to find information and resources that will support family goals.
- Generate and Contribute to ongoing developmental assessments which involve the family and are complete, reliable, family friendly, and professional.
- Follow all timelines established by the Connecticut Birth to Three System and Federal IDEA part C guidelines.
- Participate in appropriate early intervention conferences, teams meetings and workshops.
- Requisition assistive technology and equipment that is necessary to obtain a developmental outcome in accordance with program policy and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Licensed Social Worker- Licensed by the Department of Public Health under §20-195n C.G.S.
- Professional Licensed Counselor-Licensed by the Department of Public Health under § 20-195(b) C.G.S.
- Psychologist Licensed-Licensed by the Department of Public Health under §187a C.G.S.
- School Psychologist-Graduate level (master’s or higher) and Department of Education endorsement #070
- School Social Worker- Department of Education certificate endorsement #071
- At least 2 years’ experience working with children and families
- Birth to Three experience preferred