Per Diem Substitute Teacher
Part-time; posted: Monday, Jul 24 2017
Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
Under the Supervision of the Site Manager, responsible for the overall operations of the classroom and provide a high quality of education and care for children. Float to various classrooms providing coverage as needed.
- Assist the Teacher and Associate Teacher in daily classroom supervision, including outdoor play activities using positive discipline techniques to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Assist the Teacher & Associate Teacher in the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Under the supervision of the Site Manager assist the site in multiple capacities; kitchen support, classroom support, office support.
- Assists in the preparation of materials, equipment, and information for the daily program, taking daily attendance and lunch count including reports for CACFP.
- Use appropriate food handling, sanitation and OSHA procedures at all times.
- Maintain classroom and storage materials in neat, orderly and safe manner.
- Displays and upholds Easterseals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of infant and toddler development. Knowledge of Early Childhood Education, School Readiness and Connecticut Early Learning and Development standards.
- Warm and nurturing personality.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- Must be able to work in Pre-school classroom, possibly work with children with communicable diseases and disabilities.
- Outdoor playground (possibly without handicapped access).
- Personal qualifications as required in Part 407: Licensing Standards for Child Care Centers, emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Current college-level coursework strongly preferred.
A minimum of 6 months working with young children strongly preferred.