Graphic Design Intern
Internship; posted: Tuesday, Aug 15 2017
Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
Waterbury, Connecticut 06708
Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Specialist, Easterseals of Greater Waterbury is looking for a Graphic design/Marketing college intern to design, create and implement content that brings our mission to life. This fast-paced position is ideal for a creative mind with exceptional organizational skills. The Intern must be familiar with InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office programs, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Intern must be pursuing a degree in Graphic Design/Marketing or a related field and have a GPA of at least 3.0. The Intern must have completed at least four semesters towards an undergraduate degree and be able to dedicate at least 5-20 hours per week for course credit.
Our unpaid internship opportunity is a Fall program with an opportunity to continue throughout the spring semester. We offer in-depth work experience on real projects in a supportive and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate must be able to dedicate at least 5-20 hours per week for course credit.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts.
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals.
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Strong project management and attention to detail is a must along with the ability to multi task on a wide variety of marketing assignments/ projects.
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Self-starter able to deal with ambiguity and demonstrate results.
- Excellent time management, planning and communication skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to exercise initiative and work independently.
- Ability to work well with others and complete assignments on time.
- Must possess high ethical standards and able to maintain confidentiality of all data and files
- Strong Computer skills in MS Office such as Word, Outlook, Power Point, Exchange, SharePoint and other web applications. Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university as a rising junior or senior, pursuing a Bachelor's degree, or in a Master’s Degree program studying Marketing & Communications, or other closely related field of study.
To be considered you must include your resume, link to your portfolio, and a brief bio in your application.
Job Type: Internship